What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

Is Baylor aware of CU's obsession with them?
Both sides on the CU/Nebraska are aware of the other side's feelings. Same goes for Texas/Ou, Texas/A&M, Auburn/Alabama, USC/UCLA, etc.
Maybe it's just on this website?

Baylor is aware everyone hates them yes.

Before everyone viewed Baylor as a bottom-feeders / cupcake win on their schedule. I'm guessing they prefer where they are now.

Also, I would think CU fans would be more sympathetic to the media storms attacking football programs.

Is Baylor aware of CU's obsession with them?
Both sides on the CU/Nebraska are aware of the other side's feelings. Same goes for Texas/Ou, Texas/A&M, Auburn/Alabama, USC/UCLA, etc.
Maybe it's just on this website?

"Pac-12 Re-Jects" was heard throughout ABQ. Mostly BU fans consider CU to be a has-been and a dumpster fire with a dirty past and easy access to the devil's weed. From their perspective, CU is just jealous of BU's national ranking & Heisman. Our interest in the story is hypocritical and vindictive because of their success, and because we represent the vast-liberal anti-religion conspiracy.

But mostly BU is concerned with what is inside Texas, which is the center of their universe. Anyone outside of their state (or their conference) is insignificant.

Except for the fact that not a single CU football player was ever actually convicted of rape. But yeah, the two situations are identical.

Dumbass.

fify

A bunch of Colorado players (or guys assumed to be CU players since they were large and between 15 and 45 years old) were accused by the media of rape. Turns out that there wasn't enough evidence to even get close to a courtroom with them.

In Baylors situation we are looking at players going to court and getting convicted, we have a player thrown out of his previous school for sexual assault who is welcomed to Baylor and then covered up for when he (big surprise) continues to act out against women.

We have young women victims at Baylor looking to the administration for help and instead being treated like they are to blame, dismissed, and ignored.

I want CU to be a winner and truly believe that at some point our suffering will end and we will be back among the elite programs in college football.

If the price of that success is having our players raping women and commiting other crimes against innocent people and our athletiic department and administration covering it up then I will gladly support a team that wins two games a year.

A lot of us here have daughters. Those daughters should have the opportunity to go to CU without having to worry about what a scholarship athlete is going to do to them with the knowledge and assistance of the school.

No. That's incorrect.

Nobody was ever even accused of rape. There were lots of stories about parties and stuff, but not a single person was ever actually accused of rape. Instead, we got the entire program dragged through the muck. Had it been a single player or group of players, you can bet your ass that they would have been dealt with. But that wasn't the case. It was far easier to place a vague veil of blame over the entire program than it was to actually, you know, accuse somebody of an actual crime.

Before everyone viewed Baylor as a bottom-feeders / cupcake win on their schedule. I'm guessing they prefer where they are now.

Also, I would think CU fans would be more sympathetic to the media storms attacking football programs.

For the record, I also hated Baylor when they sucked. Started around the time of the murder coverup to protect their basketball program.

No. That's incorrect.

Nobody was ever even accused of rape. There were lots of stories about parties and stuff, but not a single person was ever actually accused of rape. Instead, we got the entire program dragged through the muck. Had it been a single player or group of players, you can bet your ass that they would have been dealt with. But that wasn't the case. It was far easier to place a vague veil of blame over the entire program than it was to actually, you know, accuse somebody of an actual crime.

There were two players accused. A woman said she went home with two big black guys but couldn't remeber who they were. She IDed two players ( I guess from the media guide? ) who were then cleared via DNA testing. That was it.

There were two players accused. A woman said she went home with two big black guys but couldn't remeber who they were. She IDed two players ( I guess from the media guide? ) who were then cleared via DNA testing. That was it.
Ok. I didn't remember that. I'll take your word for it.

I thought the two players were also not in Boulder at that time, they had gone home to Houston. Is that accurate?

No. That's incorrect.

Please note that I said "in the media." Paula Woodward and Channel 9 being fed by Mary Keenan (I think that was the b****s name) made it sound like the football program was turning Boulder into a war zone for women. Lisa Simpson and her mouthpiece bottom feeding lawyers along with Knida's dad kept the frenzy going as long as they could.

Fact is that despite all their witch hunting they could never find enough evidence to get a single player close to a courtroom.

No. That's incorrect.

Miles Kusayanagi
:(

Ewwww.

Still, not one player actually accused in those accounts from 2001 and 2004. Not. One. Player. Lots of "I got raped by five guys on the football team", but when asked who did it, silence.
Wasn't Clyde Surell (sp?) charged?

Ewwww.

Still, not one player actually accused in those accounts from 2001 and 2004. Not. One. Player. Lots of "I got raped by five guys on the football team", but when asked who did it, silence.

I get where you are going with the "nobody accused or convicted" excuse. which is a fact specific to the Barnett situation.

But regardless of that position, the truth is that CU and various elected officials ultimately prioritized the safety of women over the football team's W-L record. CU's journey included no shortage of people kicking and screaming the whole way.

In order for me to have any Integrity as it relates to spectating the Baylor rape scandal, it's important to not sweep Miles Kusayunagi's trial and conviction for sexual assalt under the rug. It happened. It's a shame. The school in 2016 is a different place than it was in 1989.

The story at Boulder in the 2001-2005 era is that the Governor of the state got involved after the media firestorm. CU settled a civil suit, cleaned house, changed the reporting structure, and took measures to insure title IX compliance. All this took priority over winning football games, as the CU AD was last in line for facilities from 2001 through 2013.

Baylor, which is a private institution, is unlikely to be the target of a special investigator ordered by the Texas Governor.

Baylor is choosing to learn the hard way that it's not the crime, but the cover-up that ultimately will get them. Baylor is electing to be more like FSU and deny wrong doing. If they were following a Colorado model, they'd release the Pepper Hamilton report and take their lumps through the ensuing civil suits that would likely be filed.

The reason this story resonates with me as a CU fan is because it's a case study in which we as a public school fan base can use to measure the fairness of CU's outcome of self-imposed near death-penalty against whatever outcome happens to Briles and Baylor.

I get where you are going with the "nobody accused or convicted" excuse. which is a fact specific to the Barnett situation.

But regardless of that position, the truth is that CU and various elected officials ultimately prioritized the safety of women over the football team's W-L record. CU's journey included no shortage of people kicking and screaming the whole way.

In order for me to have any Integrity as it relates to spectating the Baylor rape scandal, it's important to not sweep Miles Kusayunagi's trial and conviction for sexual assalt under the rug. It happened. It's a shame. The school in 2016 is a different place than it was in 1989.

The story at Boulder in the 2001-2005 era is that the Governor of the state got involved after the media firestorm. CU settled a civil suit, cleaned house, changed the reporting structure, and took measures to insure title IX compliance. All this took priority over winning football games, as the CU AD was last in line for facilities from 2001 through 2013.

Baylor, which is a private institution, is unlikely to be the target of a special investigator ordered by the Texas Governor.

Baylor is choosing to learn the hard way that it's not the crime, but the cover-up that ultimately will get them. Baylor is electing to be more like FSU and deny wrong doing. If they were following a Colorado model, they'd release the Pepper Hamilton report and take their lumps through the ensuing civil suits that would likely be filed.

The reason this story resonates with me as a CU fan is because it's a case study in which we as a public school fan base can use to measure the fairness of CU's outcome of self-imposed near death-penalty against whatever outcome happens to Briles and Baylor.
Great post. I wish I could have liked it more than once.

I was going to CU during the "scandal," and at the time I felt it was an issue of misogyny vs. racial profiling, and ultimately the school decided to defend the rights of women students at CU, even at the expense of the football cash cow. At the time, and as a football fan, this made me angry. However, as I've matured, I'm glad that CU tried to do something to fight for women's rights.

All of that said, I think we can ALL agree that there are drastic differences between what happened at CU and what is happening at Baylor- where the institution is knowingly putting female students in danger, and then trying to deny them any sort of due process once they are violated. As I've said, this is nothing short of institutionalized misogyny.

That enrages me, but what enrages me the most (and what I suspect enrages people the most here) is that Baylor, throughout all of this, has tried to take the position of moral superiority via their association with the Church. That's not only enraging, it's disgusting, vile, and sickening.

As someone said recently, [Baylor] views Jesus a lot less as their savior and more as their mascot.

Great post. I wish I could have liked it more than once.

I was going to CU during the "scandal," and at the time I felt it was an issue of misogyny vs. racial profiling, and ultimately the school decided to defend the rights of women students at CU, even at the expense of the football cash cow. At the time, and as a football fan, this made me angry. However, as I've matured, I'm glad that CU tried to do something to fight for women's rights.

All of that said, I think we can ALL agree that there are drastic differences between what happened at CU and what is happening at Baylor- where the institution is knowingly putting female students in danger, and then trying to deny them any sort of due process once they are violated. As I've said, this is nothing short of institutionalized misogyny.

That enrages me, but what enrages me the most (and what I suspect enrages people the most here) is that Baylor, throughout all of this, has tried to take the position of moral superiority via their association with the Church. That's not only enraging, it's disgusting, vile, and sickening.

As someone said recently, [Baylor] views Jesus a lot less as their savior and more as their mascot.

I wish we still had the Rep system, because this is an outstanding post that deserves more than just a Like.

The scoop from BaylorFans
Gents - It looks like we have a to-the -death grudge match between Buddy Jones and Kenneth Starr.

Theory is that Buddy Jones leaked the Starr rumor to Chip Brown.

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=306812

Starr’s Status: The Real Story. What you’re not reading in the paper

Well, guys and gals, Ol’ Jett has been away from Baylor ever since Baylor decided to drag their own alumni to court. That didn’t turn out so well for Baylor. They had to give the alumni $2 million and three seats on the Board of Regents in addition to basically restoring their status. But that’s another, though related story, as I will divulge.

Mrs. Jett and I have been relaxing around Little Reata for a few months. Then this morning my phone started ringing about Ken Starr getting fired.

I’ve been reading all day all kinds of crazy theories about what’s happening and watching everybody wet their pants like the football team had been beaten by Sam Houston State or somesuch.

If you people will bear with me, I’ll lay it out for you.

Ken Starr is a fine gentleman and a great legal mind. He is also one of the worst presidents of Baylor ever to hold the office. And it’s not all his fault it turned out that way. He was brought here by former regent, Buddy Jones who expected him to be another John Lilley. In other words, “Ken, just look presidential, raise a little money from you rich Washington pals, do what we tell you to do, and you can knock down $1 million a year at Baylor.”

Things went that way for a short while. Then Buddy went into full blown megalomania building and borrowing every stadium and building he could dream of. Oh, and declaring full scale war on the alumni and using his stadium as an excuse to wipe them off the face of the earth. He and Dary and Richard Willis told Ken to get out of the way and support their agenda and express support in print, as well. Meanwhile the three regents set about to micro manage every facet of Baylor to suit themselves.
Starr is a smart man and he resisted on more than one occasion.

For all of his legal prowess, he proved to not be a leader nor administrator. He handled everything like a lawyer, which proved to be a detriment. He had a poor record of hiring key staff, especially in the development department, pr department and provost. His record of turnover in those areas was bad.

Meanwhile, Buddy hires an ex-Baptist preacher named Ken Hall to be Starr’s replacement. The two Kens, Starr and Hall, had an immediate dislike for each other, especially when Hall started whispering to anybody that would listen that he was the next president.

Buddy and his henchmen planned a palace coup to kick Starr upstairs but Starr caught wind and outflanked the three stooges by taking the Chancellor job they gave him and then turning on them and informing them that he would also retain the president’s job.

From that moment on, Buddy Jones and Ken Starr were mortal enemies. Starr fired Ken Hall and Karla Leeper who was Starr’s chief of staff and very loyal to Buddy, Willis and Ken Hall. The mystery is why he didn’t fire Buddy’s most loyal insider, Tommye Lou Davis, who acted as co-conspirator with Buddy to demolish the alumni building and try to wipe the alumni off the face of the earth. Tommye Lou still serves as Starr’s chief of staff. Go figure. Could that be a source of leak?

So that brings us up to where we are today, sorta. Taking a legal approach to everything rather than acting as a real administrator put Starr in a bad light. He let the scandals run all over his campus and basically doing nothing. Are there cover-ups? Probably, but the fact that he didn’t take control is what will get him fired.

Now, let’s talk about the Chip Brown story. It is widely known since the rumors that flew around the Big 12 realignment six years ago that Buddy and Chip Brown talked to each other on a fairly regular basis. Buddy has bragged that he, his ownself, saved Baylor in the Big 12. Do they still talk to each other? I’ll leave you to your own opinion.

Now back to Willis and the BOR. Though no longer on the BOR, Buddy most likely misses the action and the power. Willis is his boy. Willis will step down as chairman on the 31st. If a move is going to be made on Starr it has to be made before then. Otherwise, three avowed enemies of Buddy and Willis will be seated on the BOR on June 1st as the first appointees of the Baylor Alumni Association. There is a good chance the balance of the BOR will shift (for the better we can only hope) when that happens.

Buddy’s greatest achievement (in his own mind) is the success of the football team and the shiny stadium. Here’s how he and Willis want this to play out. Briles knew of some discrepancies with his players but he followed procedure and turned the matter over to Ian McCaw. McCaw, in turn, turned it over to Starr and Starr bungled the whole deal. McCaw may get the ax also. Buddy doesn’t really care as long a Briles stays.

The BOR follows this logic in the fact that if Briles gets fired and the money to fund their $700 million plus debts starts sucking wind.

Another twist. Only Starr can fire Briles or Ian. The BOR does not have that authority because their job is to advise and oversee. The accreditation people will not allow the board to participate in actual operation of the university. By firing Starr, the BOR does not have to take the responsibility of firing anyone else.

My feeling is that Starr has once again outsmarted his board chairman. The overt act of leaking information to a reporter who would spread the news nationwide was meant to grease the process before it could actually be stopped. My feeling is that Starr worked his Board (most of which are followers not leaders) who had never stopped to think where the train was headed.

Will Starr be fired? Most likely. But he it will be on better terms for him. Willis and Buddy will be exposed for what they are. The stink of this whole deal will not go away quickly. I hear there are a few more bombshells out there by ESPN and more that could cause even bigger problems for Baylor. Briles survives for now but nothing lasts forever.

It’s also been rumored that there is an opening for a president of Colorado Christian College that Starr might take.

It will take a few days for Baylor to figure all of this out. Once again, Baylor finds a way to look stupid. If they only could get a few ex regents just to go away quietly.

Well, I’ve worked myself into a real thirst. I think I’ll wander over to the 19th Hole and let Alvin pour me a 15-year old Scottish youngster over a single cube of ice. I’ve got a feeling a few regents and maybe Starr, his ownself, will be joining me for a drink or two.

Last edited by Jett Rink; 05-25-16 at 06:52 AM.

The scoop from BaylorFans
Gents - It looks like we have a to-the -death grudge match between Buddy Jones and Kenneth Starr.

Theory is that Buddy Jones leaked the Starr rumor to Chip Brown.
I'm starting to believe in Baptst Jesus!

I'm starting to believe in Baptst Jesus!

It's kinda interesting, like watching a scorpion fight a rattler. I really don't care who wins just as long as both come away injured in the process.

Back