What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

From Pat Forde (Yahoo Sports)

It is an astounding religious hypocrisy for a school that proudly flaunts its Baptist underpinnings to have not one but two of the worst athletic scandals of the 21st century unfold on its campus. For all Baylor wants to stand for, it appears utterly fraudulent.

To pile on, and get a bit off topic, the last time I watched them play, the team looked seriously juiced. The players were just too big and too fast. If they are willing to 'protect' their athletes in the ways discussed in the Pepper report, what else were they willing to do to win?

**** Baylor

This went from a fun read for me to an infuriating one.

Anyone who is concerned that ****Bailer will lose football games if they do the right thing and ****can the responsible parties can eat a fat bowl of dicks.

From Pat Forde (Yahoo Sports)

To pile on, and get a bit off topic, the last time I watched them play, the team looked seriously juiced. The players were just too big and too fast. If they are willing to 'protect' their athletes in the ways discussed in the Pepper report, what else were they willing to do to win?

**** Baylor
Lol shocking.

You know who else this is bad for? The Big 12.

UT might benefit, but bailer has been a marquee team for that conference in three major sports. I seriously doubt it will remain that way.

You know who else this is bad for? The Big 12.

UT might benefit, but bailer has been a marquee team for that conference in three major sports. I seriously doubt it will remain that way.
Yeah but they got that way because they cheat. If a cheating program drops to where it should be it will probably be better for the conference I would imagine.

AD's across the nation have to be watching this and will tighten up things within their own programs to one extent or another. Part of what set Colorado back wasn't the scandal as much as the way we reacted to it. We shut down all fun and entertainment on recruiting trips and probably over-reacted. We weren't totally clean perhaps, but this is another whole level.

Hope they hang Foodcart Jones next....

Last edited:
Tennessee has got to be freaking out at this point. The situation with Jones sounds awful.

I hope the NCAA stays far away from the situation.

I understand your concerns for the NCAA and how corrupt and ineffective they are, but i dont see the logic in them staying away from this. With pennST it wasn't like Sandusky raping kids was helping the team, or like he was a next level coach worthy of protecting like Briles. In the Baylor case though they are protecting raping FB players to keep them playing, deliberately flaunting titleIX, protecting a coach, and generally doing anything they can to improve their on filed results in a sport the NCAA theoretically governs. They were cheating to get ahead - that seems just as punishable as buying kids cars, even more so IYAM.

When the SHTF at CU, Governor (Ritter?) got involved and demanded a special investigator.

Since Baylor is a private institution, it's hard to imagine the Gov of Tex getting involved. Although it might make since to have the Texas Rangers (not MLB) investigate the relationship between Baylor AD and Waco PD.

Feel so bad for that fan base.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/95804854.html

"
The Dallas Morning News has obtained e-mails sent by Baylor regent and prominent lobbyist Buddy Jones to Baylor alumni and supporters within the Texas legislature. E-mails and phone numbers of the members have been redacted.

Jones urges his supporters to push for Baylor to be included in any deal that moves Texas colleges to the Pac-10.

Wrote Jones: "We cannot let the other schools in Texas (A&M, U.T., Tech) leave the Big XII WITHOUT BAYLOR BEING INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE. Long and short – if U.T., A&M and Tech demand that any move to any other conference include ALL TEXAS BASED TEAMS from the Big XII, we are golden. We need to be in a PACKAGE DEAL!"

Baylor continues to make a major push to be part of any Pac-10 expansion plan with its fellow Big 12 South members (Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State). In a Twitter post, Pete Thamel of the New York Times reported that Baylor "appears to have bumped" Colorado in the expansion sweepstakes.

Jones argues that Baylor is better than Colorado as a potential Pac-10 team because, "Baylor is superior to Colorado academically. Baylor has athletic facilities superior to Colorado. Colorado doesn’t participate in the number of sports that Baylor does. Baylor’s overall record in all collegiate sports dwarfs that of Colorado."

Mostly this

I understand your concerns for the NCAA and how corrupt and ineffective they are, but i dont see the logic in them staying away from this. With pennST it wasn't like Sandusky raping kids was helping the team, or like he was a next level coach worthy of protecting like Briles. In the Baylor case though they are protecting raping FB players to keep them playing, deliberately flaunting titleIX, protecting a coach, and generally doing anything they can to improve their on filed results in a sport the NCAA theoretically governs. They were cheating to get ahead - that seems just as punishable as buying kids cars, even more so IYAM.
At the end of the day, I just don't think it would be that easy for the NCAA to prove that what Baylor has done, no matter how despicable, helped them on the field of athletic competition. I believe that's the limit of their jurisdiction and they seriously backtracked after the initial sanctions against PSU. (That is, unless the NCAA could prove that Baylor used the ability to make allegations disappear as a recruiting tactic- which, oh man, if that happened would probably incite the death penalty).

That said, one of the women at the center of this WAS an athlete on scholarship in an NCAA sanctioned sport when she was victimized by a football player and then the school in order to benefit the football team. THAT might be one way for the NCAA to assert their jurisdiction.

Baylor as a private school has no governmental immunity, if it did apply in this case. Everybody knew they were guilty but this takes the form of an admission.

With multiple victims some lawyers are giong to get very rich at baylor's expense. And even if the judges are baylor alums getting in the way would be political and professional suicide.

This one is likely to be in the courts for a few years and in the end cost them a lot of money.

Couple of big questions, and lawyers on the board please opine, will the be able to hit Starr and or Briles or others personally and will the insurance company be able to avoid paying because baylor knowingly violated the law voiding coverage.

Gary Barnett never got another job (and why he lost his job here) because he came off aloof and unconcerned by the charges that Katie Hnida leveled against his program and tenure on ESPN. Contrast that to Briles' alleged looking the other way and participating in a coverup. He will never work again, even in the SEC. Not on TV (as Barnett has), not anywhere.

Gary Barnett never got another job (and why he lost his job here) because he came off aloof and unconcerned by the charges that Katie Hnida leveled against his program and tenure on ESPN. Contrast that to Briles' alleged looking the other way and participating in a coverup. He will never work again, even in the SEC. Not on TV (as Barnett has), not anywhere.
Not even Wal-Mart?

From Pat Forde's Yahoo post:

The fallout didn't stop there, though. In something straight out of Sophocles' imagination, Ken Starr was removed as school president – the same man who once sought to impeach a U.S. president for moral failings was demoted for presiding over a school that didn't seem to care too terribly much about female students being raped by football players.

The schadenfreude here works on so many levels. :D

Anyone else a bit leery of the words, "suspended with the intent to terminate"? Why not just, "terminated"? Seems like this should be a nuke it from orbit kind of deal for anyone who was involved.

"Baptists don’t smoke, drink, dance, chew or associate with those who do.” (unofficial Baylor motto)

When Baylor decided to lift the campus ban on dancing in 1996, the writing was on the wall for its descent into sin. 20 years later, we've get what we have there today.

Hope I am not violating any copyrights here, but I couldn't resist
Capture_zpsld4u2o4u.jpg

Definitely the liberals fault, how could I forget their impact.

Definitely all those liberal lawyers and the liberal media at fault here. Bunch of feminazi sympathizers. If we put aside the victims for a second, their anti-rape stance becomes more of an anti-Baylor and anti-Christian stance.

Back