What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

So now it's down to the school counselors actively advising not to report these crimes... Has there ever been a bigger, more clear cut situation of "Lack of Institutional Control" than this?? Is the NCAA going to take any serious action?
You know the NCAA has no backbone.

I took his post as a shot at me so that's where the funny came from lol. The situation there is far from funny so my bad how I phrased it.

How many women have reported rapes thus far?

Hard to tell.
Court Convictions to Elliot & Ukuwachu = 6

Football Players ID'd in Title 9 suits + reported + convicted for sexual assault = 9
Domestic assault = +1
10 FB victims

Other (non football)
Between 7 and 11

Total: between 6 and 23

Reddit Timeline

Title 9 plaintiffs
Sep 2004 - victim 1 (Jane Doe 2)
Nov 2005 - victim 2 (Jane Doe 5)
2007? - victim 3 (Jane Doe 6)

Tevin Elliot (5-6)
Oct 2009 - victim 4
Apr 2012 - victims 5 - 10 surface
(Sentenced for 5)
March 2016 - (Hernandez) filed Title 9 case

Shawn Oakman
Jan 2013 - victim 11 (dom assault)

Tre'Von Armstead & Myke Chatman
Apr 2013 - Victim 12

Sam Ukwuachu
Oct 2013 - Victim 13 (Settlement agreement reached)

Title IX plaintiffs
Fall semester 2013 - Victim 14 (Jane Doe 3)
April 2014 - Victim 15 (Jane Doe 4)
April 2014 - Victim 16 (Jane Doe 1) allegedly by a FB player

Cordell Dorsey
Dec 2014 - Victim 17 (before enrolling)

Rugby House
Feb 2015 - Victim 18
("As many as 5 previously reported assaults" - Victims 19 - 23?)

In response on another site to an article about the remorse that the incredibly careless "journalist" in the UVA "rape" case feels ... I posted this:

Meanwhile ... at Baylor: http://thinkprogress.org/.../thank-you-ken-starr-baylor.../

Every time false allegations of rape are made, as here and in the Duke LAX case, it just makes it harder for actual victims to be taken seriously. And it makes it easier for Baylor (and several other schools) to treat those women reporting rapes like crap. Real journalism is dead .. it's all about ratings, circulation, and clicks now.

Seriously guys ... you all are slacking. When I googled "Baylor" and "rape" and "cover up" the most recent result was from June 6th. Let's keep on this mother ****er!!!

I can't believe that **** bailer has been able to effectively sweep this under the rug to this point; at least at the national level.

That being said. A friend was in town this weekend from A&M. He thinks there is actually smoke within the B12 to kick **** bailer out. I think he is enjoying CO too much

I'm in Oklahoma for the weekend and I'm hearing nada. Nothing in the papers and my family had no idea what is going on . My mom said occasionally she may see something but she did not know the extent of what is going on there.

I wonder if the world outside of **** bailer just doesn't think enough of bailer to care which makes it much easier for **** bailer to keep it quiet.

I'm in Oklahoma for the weekend and I'm hearing nada. Nothing in the papers and my family had no idea what is going on . My mom said occasionally she may see something but she did not know the extent of what is going on there.

I wonder if the world outside of **** bailer just doesn't think enough of bailer to care which makes it much easier for **** bailer to keep it quiet.

That's part of it. If this had happened at Notre Dame it was lead the NY nightly news.

Watching Spotlight right now (movie about the Boston area Catholic priests) and the systemic way that this was allowed, is eerily similar.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Attributed (probably incorrectly) to Edmund Burke

Rumor Jarrett Stidham may transfer. Kendal Briles may be on his way out too. Bailer's '16 and '17 classes have fallen apart. I really think it won't show too much this year, maybe not even next, unless Stidham leaves. But if this keeps up, year three is going to be brutal because the talent drop off will kill them.

Rumor Jarrett Stidham may transfer. Kendal Briles may be on his way out too. Bailer's '16 and '17 classes have fallen apart. I really think it won't show too much this year, maybe not even next, unless Stidham leaves. But if this keeps up, year three is going to be brutal because the talent drop off will kill them.

I saw the Stidham chatter this morning. It was coming from Orangebloods and, as you can imagine, the **** bailer! fans questioned that a UT site would have that info before anyone in the **** bailer! community had heard something.

My suspicion is that UT is probably onto something. There's a cone of silence among **** bailer! folks, so any info is likely going to come from outside.

If it kills them, it will be immediately covered up

The lawsuit claims Briles ignored reports from the woman's family that one of his players was a sexual predator and allowed him to keep playing.

Briles' motion filed Wednesday says the claims against the coach are based on hearsay. He also argues that federal and state laws don't allow him to be sued as an individual in the case against the university.

This is big:

Last season, Seth Russell broke his neck and Stidham took over the starting job. This spring, neither won the job and it was supposed to go into fall for the QB1 battle. Russell also suffered a torn pectoral this spring. **** bailer!

I know this much schadenfreude isn't healthy, but I don't care.

swansonsmile.gif

This is big:

Last season, Seth Russell broke his neck and Stidham took over the starting job. This spring, neither won the job and it was supposed to go into fall for the QB1 battle. Russell also suffered a torn pectoral this spring. **** bailer!

Wow, that would be huge. As I understand it, bailer is down to Russell and Stidham at QB. (They have two others on the roster, but I don't think either are regarded as very good, plus they are a RSFr. and frosh). If Stidham leaves, and Russell is gimpy, bailer is in deep trouble since bailer, even more than most, relies on QB play to get the O moving.

How many will they have on scholarship this fall? 70? Maybe this is the new death penalty, keep playing but with fewer and worse athletes than everyone else.

I could get behind that

How many will they have on scholarship this fall? 70? Maybe this is the new death penalty, keep playing but with fewer and worse athletes than everyone else.

I could get behind that
we know how this works. here we are 10 years later

Back