What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

That is a very well written and very depressing summary of what has gone on and what will go on from here.

In a perversion of logic, I'm at the point where I hope the BU football team wins enough games to be in the discussion for a CFB playoff birth. No better vehicle exists to maximize exposure to this whole sorted problem. I can't imagine how much pent up frustration and outrage would be unleashed with a Baylor playoff bid. It would most assuredly be a national story that could only add more attention to the issue.

In a perversion of logic, I'm at the point where I hope the BU football team wins enough games to be in the discussion for a CFB playoff birth. No better vehicle exists to maximize exposure to this whole sorted problem. I can't imagine how much pent up frustration and outrage would be unleashed with a Baylor playoff bid. It would most assuredly be a national story that could only add more attention to the issue.
Disagree

I may hate the possibility that entering into the playoff discussion could revive their recruiting more. I think a couple of poor recruiting classes are the best chance we have to see ****bailer down for a while.

I may hate the possibility that entering into the playoff discussion could revive their recruiting more. I think a couple of poor recruiting classes are the best chance we have to see ****bailer down for a while.

A resurgence in BU recruiting certainly is the risk. However, consider that the 2017 recruiting class at Baylor had been decimated at this point. Those who left the class aren't coming back. This is Baylor's last, best team in a long, long time. Baylor is in for some down years after their upperclassmen get the hell out of Waco. And as long as Kendall Brials is on staff, it's pretty easy to imagine every recruiting staff in the nation being able to portray BU in a bad light.

This far, BU has seemingly dodged the national focus and outrage that we'd expect. Levels of anger across the nation would escalate exponentially should BU edge out a Houston or UDub or some other deserving program that doesn't have a rape enabling culture.

BU in the playoff discussion = national outrage = BU less likely to get away with their strategy of deny, delay, and whitewash away.

If BU's football team got curbstomped into oblivion from here on out, it would feel good in the short term. But in the long term, BU would just bounce back, just like when Patrick Dennehy's murder was covered up with alleged drug dealing. Scott Drew and Art Briles emerged from those ashes.

A death penalty for BU (or being cast out of the B12) has a better chance of happening if BU gets to severely piss people off from now through New Year's Day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Winston seemed to get a pass in the playoffs.

One player under investigation is different than 2 convictions and an active Title 9 suit with 8 Jane Does.

But, yeah, there is too much media money at stake in the CFB playoffs to stain it with off field issues.

To be clear, I'd be content if BU is in the race for a playoff spot with a legit record, but ultimately left behind because of public outrage that there still is a Briles family member coaching on the sideline. I'd like to see maximum public pressure for BU to release the Pepper Hamilton report.

Baylor probably only legitimate B12 shot at the CFB playoffs (WVU has an easy schedule but will not go undefeated). Wonder what the B12 power brokers think about BU getting all that exposure. I a$$ume money talks.

Ruh roh Baylor, the former Title XI coordinator is apparently talking to CBS tomorrow according to Twitter. There are also claims she refused 50k to sign a confidentiality clause and demanded $2 million.

Ruh roh Baylor, the former Title IX coordinator is apparently talking to CBS tomorrow according to Twitter. There are also claims she refused 50k to sign a confidentiality clause and demanded $2 million.

While that certainly casts the moral ****hole that is ****bailer in an even more negative light ... it doesn't exactly portray her in a good one either.

"I can't be bought ... unless it's for a PILE of moolah."

EDIT: @SuperD BTW ... I edited your Roman numeral in my quote of your post

Last edited:
Well, at least she had a price. Is everything in Waco for sale?

Failure to protect women from sexual assault is repugnant & this systemic abuse must be brought to light! (Unless you pay me 2 mil, in which case I don't feel all that upset about it.)

Here is the link to the CBS This Morning interview.

“I continued to work hard and the harder I worked, the more resistance I received from senior leadership. That became clear that that was not something the university wanted and in July, I made it clear and ready that I had concerns and that the university was violating Title IX and my environment got worse,” Crawford told “CBS This Morning” Wednesday. ...

After filing a federal complaint to the Office of Civil Rights and human resources, Crawford said she had to make the decision.

“Was I going to remain part of the problem or be part of the problem or was I going to resign?” Crawford said.

Crawford alleges that she was the school did not allow her to fulfill her job as Title XI coordinator and retaliated against her.

“I never had the authority, the resources, or the independence to do the job appropriately, which the Department of Education writes in its guidance for Title IX coordinators in universities,” Crawford said. She said that included being disconnected from meetings and conversations, and the university “making decisions only a Title IX coordinator should make, based on protection for the brand.”
Disgusting. But here come the Feds

Disgusting. But here come the Feds

I guarantee that ****bailer's Board of Regents has been very busy having someone analyze the numbers to see if it is possible to run the university without participating in the federal financial aid program.

I guarantee that ****bailer's Board of Regents has been very busy having someone analyze the numbers to see if it is possible to run the university without participating in the federal financial aid program.
That won't save them from the retaliation claim she has filed. But the real danger with that claim isn't the direct financial damage it would do to the university, but what discovery would unveil. Also, you can bet Crawford just ensured she's going to be well paid as an adviser/witness for all of the pending lawsuits.

I can see it developing.

Baylor leans on the 1st Ammendment Freedom of religion clause to justify their neglect to take Title 9 seriously. It's almost like the Feds taking on polygamy in Utah a century ago. Those baptist have a religious right to shame and intimidate rape victims as a tool to further their religious doctrine of premarital abstinence.

Siding with liberal feminists and the rape victims is just one more example of the US government and American culture being "anti-Christian."

Poor, poor persecuted Baylor. That facade for being a college-appropriate safe Church summer camp for people who live their lives measured against a higher standard sure costs a lot of money.

Maybe a stupid question, but even if they run the day-to-day operations outside the federal financial aid program, will they be able to apply for and receive federal grants (such as those for research)?

Man there are some serious downsides to being an alum of a private school. Poking around on the Baylor board and apparently the BoR essentially elects themselves so its an old boy's network and there is no real mechanism for the faculty or alumni really remove them outside of the members stepping down voluntarily.

Just wanted to share the beautiful twitter response to me by some Baylor fan

It's a liberal hoax driven by jealous hypocrites at UT. Scoreboard. Undefeated with a packed house, dog. All is well.

Be very hard for almost any university (other than those with huge endowments) to survive if ineligible for federally guaranteed student loans.

Checking her profile and other tweets, the self-delusion she portrays when it comes to Baylor is nothing short of astonishing.

Back