What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Beat up from Utah game?

GawainBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Not to make excuses, but we seemed tired and a step slow all over the field. I thought the Utah game was incredibly physical, and we had to put everything we had into that. Just a thought. I haven't seen us out athleted this badly. We hung tough even with Michigan and USC. Hard to believe UW has that much better athletes on the lines.

Agree with uncle Ken. This thread should be deleted
Excuse me? No one is bad mouthing UW. Delete thread? I respectfully asked why we didn't bring our best game. Where does the idea that you should censor my very reasonable expression/ question come from?

I'll be sure to leave this forum to those most pure of thought, as clearly I have ventured oh so far afield.

Last edited:
We looked slow because UW was faster than us.

We are still 2-3 top 20 recruiting classes away from being able to compete with teams like UW.

We had a great year. I'm not upset at all.
I don't disagree with this at all. I think we have been overachieving our talent most of the year. I just watched us hang with other teams with great speed and size, like UW clearly has.

All of which has made me far prouder of this team, as I believe they have been winning by being a team. Great year.

Shorter week and a game against a more physical team last week probably had some impact. But it's not like CU ran out of gas and lost it late in the 4th. UW simply won this game.

The shorter week might have had something to do with it, but the offense just didn't do enough to keep the defense from getting worn down - they could have had a bye week and the second half would have been the same.

our "o" and the line in particular struggled against the physical teams all year....nothing that a few good recruiting classes cant clean up....we were over matched although i was hoping for a better showing for our boys

UW was the stronger and more physical team. The difference wasn't Utah, the difference was off season S&C. CU needs to get bigger and stronger.

Lot of it was timing and momentum. When Sefo got hurt, when the interceptions where thrown, and could not stop the 3rd downs.
Their OL and DL played better then ours physically. Peterson is a heck of a coach. He had his team focused and ready and ran the ball right at us. Knew it would be hard to throw against us so they lined up and dared us to stop it (the run). I am mainly disapointed in our recievers inability to seperate, and when they did Sefo could not get a pass off or would throw porely.

UW was the stronger and more physical team. The difference wasn't Utah, the difference was off season S&C. CU needs to get bigger and stronger.
I agree that UW was faster and stronger. That will change over the next few years. But, we've faced a number of teams with those physical advatages. We have overcome (or battled) their talent with grit, belief, and well designed team play. Last night, we seemed to hit a wall (mainly the OL and DL's of UW).

I think the intangibles of this team over the course of this year cannot be overstated. But, it is incredibly difficult to maintain that level of overachieving energy week after week, as the intensity of the games and proximity of the goals grow. There is a point where even 19 year olds get drained and lose a bit of their edge. On thing you gain over long periods of time is endurance. I don't think it is a S&C issue as much as the effort it took to ascend so far. And, of course, the depth of true front line, experienced players is still thin, meaning those first team guys have been putting in out there full game after full game, with few blow-outs to bring in back ups. We have simply been out working our opponents, as well as working smarter. That's a hell of a hill to climb and level to maintain. On offensive especially, we were fighting it hard over the last few games; seems we handled defenses with great talent better earlier in the year.

All the more reason to be proud of what they've done and how they've done it. I am far happier as a fan of this team than I would be if they were a team like Alabama, with all the talent in the world. I respect how much it took to get where there are. This is why I love college football and have loved my Buffs for 30 years.

Last edited:
Excuse me? No one is bad mouthing UW. Delete thread? I respectfully asked why we didn't bring our best game. Where does the idea that you should censor my very reasonable expression/ question come from?

I'll be sure to leave this forum to those most pure of thought, as clearly I have ventured oh so far afield.
Don't listen to those assholes. They don't believe in freedom of speech.

I didn't see this thread before I posted in the game day thread. I agree. And it wasn't just Utah. It goes back to WSU. We've also been on an emotional high for a few weeks and I think once things started going badly last night, we just kind of gave up the fight. And I give all the credit to UW. They came out and punched us in the mouth.

May have had some effect, but far from the difference maker. I don't love that we had one less day to prepare and recover than UW, though.

No doubt we were a little worn down, if you don't think so re watch the game. That being said UW was still the better team by a lot.

Don't listen to those assholes. They don't believe in freedom of speech.
Much appreciated. Power to the people!!! ;)

As soon as UW started pushing us down the middle of the field on their first drive, we looked different. To me. Clearly, they were using a really interesting blocking scheme, but our big guys didn't have the distupting influence they've had against other really good running teams.

No excuses. UW was better in all three phases and at every position on the field. Their strongest positions, WR/DB, which mirrored our strengths outplayed us so bad it wasn't funny. They deserved to win. We didn't make enough plays to. Maybe next year..

No excuses. UW was better in all three phases and at every position on the field. Their strongest positions, WR/DB, which mirrored our strengths outplayed us so bad it wasn't funny. They deserved to win. We didn't make enough plays to. Maybe next year..

For sure. While I think that it probably made a difference that CU played a much more physical game in the finale and was on a shorter week, the game wasn't close enough to use that as an excuse. Simply got beat.

Back