What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

BEAVERS VS CSU

Prior to the game, I thought the big match ups were 1) strong OSU running attack versus weak CSU run defense, and 2) strong CSU passing attack versus rebuilt OSU secondary.

CSU clearly won both match ups. CSU was able to stack the box and the OSU QB didn't take advantage of open receivers. Play calling was highly suspect since they basically asked their new QB to win the game for them rather than riding Nall. Meanwhile CSU QB torched the OSU secondary.

Looks like a tough match up for the Buffs. However, I like CU's balanced offense and I don't think CSU will be able to execute the same game plan of daring Montez to throw. The young CU defense will be tested, though.

Agree with Duff, the play calling was unfathomable. They didn't continue success, e.g. just before trying and missing the 52 yard field goal they were trying to prove #4 was a great freshman, when they have a great senior. At least get him on the field, after gashing for the 75 yd TD, everyone would have their eyes on him while Luton completes something across the middle for a 1st down. CSU played okay, but got those turnovers that we have to avoid. Montez and our WRs in combo with LIndsay should eat that D alive. Our D should at least be better than OSU's.

I'm trying to find something about this game that convinces me that we'll destroy both these teams, but having a hard time.

You couldn't be more wrong. Nebraska is trending up. Better look again.

No saying they'll go 12-0, but a 8+ win season is very probable. Better the next season too.
What, no bet that cu won't be ranked higher than the nubs this season?

Gut reaction - OSU's talent level on offense isn't close to what CU will bring next week. Neither was their creativity in play calling. In addition they shot themselves in the foot early in the second half with the two interceptions.

CSU will have a belief in themselves that will help them emotionally early in the game. CU needs to avoid feeding that by coming out strong and confident and especially not gift a short field to the Rams.

So I predicted OSU would win the North (that was a drunk dial BTW). I have been wrong before and I am sure I will be wrong many more times before I take a dirt nap.

After watching the Rams, it appeared that they played with heart, were coached well and made their own luck via turnovers.

With that being said, their secondary is not good, their D line is small, and maybe their best LB is dinged up.

I am certain that Montez and company will blister CSU's ass this Friday.

Hope the Defense steps up.

My concern for next week, along with the rest of the season, is our pass rush. Stevens (and most QB's for that matter) is pretty dangerous when he gets into a rhythm and has time to throw. Even with Gilbert, we had difficulty pressuring the QB at times last year, especially against good offensive lines. And that was even when being able to leave our corners on an island and forcing TT to cover a lot of territory. Whatever we think about Leavitt, he was pretty good at mixing up blitzes and looks and getting pressure. Udoffia and our new defensive staff have a lot of weight on their shoulders this first game.

I hope CSU comes in cocky. Let them keep celebrating this win. They have a lot of changing focus to do in a short amount of time. Buffs need to just be ready to execute. Don't turn the ball over!

why did csu's qb play the entire game ? STUPID arrogance by Bobo IMHO...
if that had been CU and I would have been screaming at Mike Mac to put in the 2nd stringers to avoid possible injury-

why did csu's qb play the entire game ? STUPID arrogance by Bobo IMHO...
if that had been CU and I would have been screaming at Mike Mac to put in the 2nd stringers to avoid possible injury-
They were only up 10 in the 4th quarter, and once they went back up by 3 scores, they just ran the ball.

then there are some dumbass coaches out there..
That what, continue to throw the ball every play? Who would be dumb enough to do that. I mean you would have to be a monumental idiot to do that. Doing that can let a team back into the game late in the 4th.

Saw the final score. Love it. CU's schedule looked like crap. Now a win over CSU puts the Buffs in legit Top 25 position (where the team should have been anyway after last year). I want ****ing Game Day for Washington. This can now do it. ****ing win on Friday!

I don't like what I saw today. Feels the same as when I watched Michigan, USC, and Washington before they played us. Kinda worried now.

I would be careful in reading too much into this game. If they win the next two, why wouldn't a bowl game still be on the table? Not a certainty by any stretch, but that offense will put up some points. I also would not be giving the Buffs an automatic win in Corvallis either.

I'm not chalking that up as a W. The other thing with this conversation is they've never won on the road under Anderson, and any way you swing it they're going to have to win 2 games on the road to get to a bowl.

Several thoughts after watching:
  • OSU is not as good as I thought they'd be-yet. Luton will come on as the season goes on which is unfortunate for CU
  • CSU is better on defense than I thought they'd be- they swarm to the ball and do not let their size become an issue. A lot of the TOs today had to do with swarming to the ball.
  • That said, the turnovers masked what is still a pretty leaky defense. Oregon State was ranked 105th last year in yards per game (365.5) and 86th in scoring offense (26.2 points per game), but still rolled up 456 yards.
  • Next week should be a shootout. Specifically, those corners are BAD and that is not where you want to have a weakness vs. CU. If Montez and the wideouts don't beat themselves there should be a lot of points.
  • I believe CU is a much better team than OSU, but if they are not careful CSU will roll them just like they rolled OSU.

If CU gets " rolled " by csu, you can forget a bowl game and the mediocre recruiting that has plagued this program will get worse.

Csu is about to get curb stomped, them blastong a weak OSU team was the best thing.

Enough of this csu love, time to crush these sheep * uckers.

Back