1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bellotti, Richt get early looks for CU coaching job

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Nov 13, 2010.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Jul 8, 2005
    Former Oregon coach Mike Bellotti and current Georgia coach Mark Richt have emerged as candidates to replace Dan Hawkins as Colorado's football coach.

2. The Guest

The Guest Guest

"Too much baggage", hahahahahaahahah.

I've made it clear that I like the Bellotti idea. He enjoyed tremendous resources at Oregon, but it wasn't always that way. He inherited the Rich Brooks' program and took it to the next level. Oregon football used to be the joke of the nation.

A good recruiter who appears to have done things the right way. Every time somebody on Allbuffs talks about rumors of sleazy tactics, or out of control players on his watch, I always ask for evidence. None has yet been provided. I really believe him to be a solid human being and a good football coach who is well respected in our new conference.

I like Richt, and he has done great things in a challenging conference. But he underperformed in 2008, and his overall trend has been less than positive. He came to Boulder and lost to Dan Hawkins. Again, he's a big time hire, but I like Bellotti more.

It will be interesting to see what other names pop up, but this is an encouraging start...