1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben Mills reshirt?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by KingPants, Nov 14, 2011.

1. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

I thought I read somewhere that Boyle wanted to RS Ben Mills if they could. But then I saw that he got some time against Ft. Lewis. so I assume that means that that plan is out the window, or do red shirts work differently in basketball (like you can play in a certain percent of games or only non-con)?

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Ship has sailed. Mills will need to contribute this year.

3. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

Yeah, he will not be redshirting. Unless he gets injured or something. But, because of Cain coming in late and SHT showing unimpressive skills, Mills is going to be counted on to come off the bench and play some defense.

4. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Mills > SHT in early returns.

5. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

SHT should still be able to bump with the bigger guys better than Mills. We will see.

6. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

Mills definitely looks bigger this year. Needs to play stronger than he is though. With his length, I hope he can get low to gain some leverage against the stronger guys he will face and still have the reach to get his hand on some shots rather than standing straight up like a tree. He isn't wide enough to do that. People will go around or through him.

7. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

We need Cain to play. Isn't he supposed to be a really physical player?

8. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

The one nice thing about being thin down low is, if you play your cards right and a big guy comes banging into you, you can get a lot of tic-tac fouls called on the other guy. But you have to have good foot work, and keep your hands from reaching in.

9. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Just sayin, against Ft Lewis all Mills got was garbage time in the last 3 or 4 minutes. He may be able to come off of the bench and provide a break, but he is not part of the game plan for significant playing time nor did he look ready for it.