1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benson should pay Hawkins' 2010 salary

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by LABuffalo, Nov 27, 2009.

1. LABuffalo

LABuffalo Member

If you check out the CU's presidents bio, you'll see he's an old rich guy who has a BA from Colorado but dropped out of grad school before he earned his master's degree to drill for oil. I'd always been under the impression that college president's held Ph.Ds. Oh, well.

But since he's so enamored with Hawkins, it would ease the pain quite a bit of having Hawk back for another year if Benson would pay his salary for a year. Put his money where his mouth is.

2. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

I don't agree with his politics, but Benson is no fool and IS a multi-millionaire. He's the Pres of CU for his ability to raise money, I can't believe he'll let things proceed without some changes the public might not be aware of.

3. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

If the public isn't aware of the changes how significant could they possibly be?

Not significant at all.

4. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

yeah good luck with that now....

5. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

I guess he needs to earn his money now :thumbsup:

6. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I'm guessing that what Benson is hearing from a lot of his major donors (who may very well not be major AD donors ) has a lot to do with his "I don't like scandals" comment re: bringing Hawk back... :huh: