What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Best CU QB of all time

giphy.gif
I didn’t laugh at the joke, but love that GIF and the timing. NOW I’m laughing!

I don’t know that it’s that close. Sefo got up so many times when I didn’t think he would get up, or maybe ever play again. In my mind, the others were tough players, but Sefo wins that award hands down in my view.
That TD pass in the opening of the third quarter against UM will go down for me as the most badass play by a CU QB ever.

Last edited:
That TD pass in the opening of the third quarter against UM will go down for me as the most badass play by a CU QB ever.
He also basically pulled off that scenario twice. He separated his throwing shoulder, told them to shoot it up and his next play was a 65 yard bomb to Shay Fields, all when we were down 14-3 against CSU in a game we won in overtime.

We will never know but I like to think about had they stayed with the option with Stewart.

He was recruited for the option and that's what he ran in HS but he potentially could have re-invented the position. He had the speed to play WR in the NFL, he was elusive as a runner but also big and powerful enough to run through tacklers, often without slowing down. On top of that he had an arm, not accurate by drop back QB standards but certainly better than almost all other pure option QBs had and he could put the ball over the heads of the defense as they came up to stop the run.

This should be separated into QB as in skills of the position and QB as a leader.
QB skills I’d go Detmer
QB leader I’d go DH

Isn’t he the Fairview kid that left because he didn’t like getting yelled at? No way would he be in the discussion
He’s the Fairview kid who left because he had suffered something like 10 concussions over a 6-month period... and then transferred to Montana. So there may have been more to it than the concussions.

True that. Living in MI, I can testify that U of M fans have huge respect for Sefo after that game. Many said they wished they had Sefo instead of Speight.

This discussion is very different if Kordell wins that game in Lincoln.

Hagan went into Lincoln and tore their heart out (with a little help from EB, Pritchard, and Alfred). Kordell went in there and pissed down his leg.

This discussion is very different if Kordell wins that game in Lincoln.

Hagan went into Lincoln and tore their heart out (with a little help from EB, Pritchard, and Alfred). Kordell went in there and pissed down his leg.
This discussion is different if Kordell could even win in Boulder.

Speight is terrible. I hope he starts at UCLA this year
The whole Speight to UCLA thing puzzled me; he's not a Chip Kelly kind of QB. Could be a segue QB until Chip can land his preferred QB(s) for how/what he wants to run.

Last edited:
Detmer is my favorite - though maybe not the best. Nobody had more heart or was more totally a Buffalo than Bobby Anderson. Back in the days when a number of starters could drive home for dinner with the family.
3 or 4 years ago it looked like Moschetti was going to set up a SoCal pipeline to CU. What happened?

Top 3 seem easy to me, after that it gets more fuzzy.
1. Darian Hagan
2. Kordell Stewart
3. Koy Detmer
4. "Mighty" Mike Moschetti
5. Liufau/Pesavento/Klatt

CU has never had a great qb. The best IMHO were Kordell, then a tie between Klatt and Sefo.

Back