1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big 12 predictions

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Who wins this weekend?

Nebraska @ Oklahoma: OU, The Sooners D seems to allow a lot of points this year, so the skers will score some. Similar to the OU/KSU game. Sooners 45 Huskers 31

Texas @ Texas Tech: Tech, yep thats right, thats my surprise of the week. TT proved to me last week that they are legit. This is Texas' 4th straight big game where they face a ranked team, how much is left in their tank no matter how good they are? Tech will be fired up in Lubbock and will be in the drivers seat for the south title after Saturday. Raiders 38 Horns 35

Iowa St. @ Oklahoma St: OSU, this is the laugher of the week. Pokes win big. Cowboys 52 Cyclones 10

Texas A&m @ Colorado: CU, The bufs will be pissed and going up against a bad defense. Buffs change their game plan and get their highest yard total of the year. I know I picked the Aggies in the prediction thread, but I have a different feeling now. Buffs 24 Aggies 17

Missouri @ Baylor: MU, Baylor will be looking to pull off their annual upset early, but the Tigers pull away late. Tigers 38 Bears 21

Kansas St @ Kansas: KU, the Hawks will win their third straight over their rival KSU. Hawks 41 Cats 34

2. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

I agree with all of those except TT beating TU. No real surprises this week.

3. Unleash Hell

Some other random games

Georgia vs. Florida: UF, the Gators look for payback after last years team end zone celebration by Georgia. Gators 31 Dawgs 27

Florida St. @ Georgia Tech. GT, The Noles are suddenly looking pretty good with only one loss. They have won 4 straight, but GT gets them here. Jackets 21 Noles 14

Washington @ USC. You have to include some ass whoopins. Trojans 54 Huskies 6

Oregon @ Cal. Battle for 2nd in the Pac-10? Home team takes it. Bears 31 Ducks 21.

West Virginia @ Connecticut. Game could decide the Big East. Mountaineers are starting to turn on. Mountaineers 23 Huskies 21

4. phatmack

phatmack Active Member

UH:
    I agree with your B12 predictions and as such, I'm with you on TTU over UT. They've just been in the #1 spot for too long... plus I think Tech has some serious offensive firepower (duhhh) and that G. Harrell just, keeps, getting, better...

As for your other random games... my picks are:
    Florida over Georgia

FSU over GT (The better the 'noles are the better I feel about getting beat by them...)

USC obviously creams U-Dub

Oregon over Cal (I gotta pick some underdogs to keep things interesting... I also think that maybe Oregon is a touch better than Cal)

WVU over U Conn... I agree that the WVU squad is really starting to come together... again, the better they do, the better we look!! Go Strength of Schedule!

5. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

FLorida will absolutely smoke UGA. They look like the 2nd best team in the country now after Texas (USC looks good too, but screw them!)

6. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

Baylor's "annual upset"?

7. Unleash Hell

They took a break last year, but Colorado twice, and #16 Texas A&M. I think that was three straight years.

8. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Beating us on the 2-10 year was an upset?

9. Unleash Hell

Yes, no excuse to lose to Baylor, anytime anybody other than SMU loses to Baylor, it's an upset.

10. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

i know i was upset each time CU lost to these guys. very upset.

11. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Well with Griffin as their QB for at least this year and the next 2 I bet we see more upsets too. With a QB like him more recruits will give them a second look.

12. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

we're 2-2 against BU in the last 4. i'm not sure we're at a point as a program we can "expect" wins. i see this in peoples attitudes toward KU. KU has sucked most of the Big 8/12 era....but the time is now. just because Mac used to knock the snot out of them doesn't mean squat today.

KU is a much better team than we are. better coached, better schemes. they are legit top 30, mid-tier type bowl team. we aren't. we'd have lost to 85% of the teams in BCS conferences last week.

Duff Man likes this.
  13. Coloradosker

Coloradosker Active Member

:nod: The kid is rearded fast. If he ever develops any kind of an arm, watch out.

14. SkiTownUSA

He could become a Pat White. It would be nice to see more of the South become competitive with OU, TT, TU, and I guess OSU now.

15. Unleash Hell

Umm 10-1 on my predictions with most happening how I thought they would. **** ya, take that bitches!:thumbsup::smile2:
    Of course my only loss was the buffs.:sad1:

16. Mr. Babar

Mr. Babar I have no elephant books Club Member

Nice job, Unleash. :thumbsup: Also glad to see self-congratulation isn't dead and in fact is thriving. :lol:

17. Unleash Hell

I love me some patting on the back:lol:

18. SkiTownUSA

Well done. Unleash. Too bad your one miss was the most important one.