1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big XII top 25 players to watch: Higgins #9

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Mick Ronson, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

http://ouhoops.com/?p=520

again, from the OU site. it's not a bad site all in all. was impossible to read a few years ago in the late Sampson era when it was a scout/insider site....some decent traffic these days but not a lot of contributions from non-OU fans minus a few OSU posters. North news is mostly about Kansas.

hornfans.com used to have the best hoops board back innday with posters from a lot of schools but now it sucks post-TJ Ford and the consequent UT exceptionalism and way too much NBA fan (Houston, SA, Dallas) beefing. it was a fun board. i was registered and posted quite a bit. but, i don't go there anymore too much. tigerboard also used to be OK for conference talk in general and not all MU humping; but now that they are good "again", they are mostly insufferable. the KU-KSU-MU 3 way 24/7/365 hate machine can be entertaining at times but grows wearisome.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

The thing I love most about Higgins is his ferocity. He gets really nasty in the paint. I love this kids attitude.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

That list was about right. If looked at a different way, it projects Higgins as 2nd Team All-Big 12 and doesn't see any other Buff even making Honorable Mention at this point.

To get where we need to be, Higgins has to match last season with improved consistency (as stated) and we need someone to step up as a consistent #2 scoring option that could be getting some Honorable Mention talk by year's end. Most likely candidate is Relphorde, in my opinion.

4. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Agree. I would hope Crawford comes through as the scoring threat we all thought he'd be.

5. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I'd be happy to see the kid play some defense. He doesn't seem to be confident in himself on the court. This is something I expect Jeff to fix.

6. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

Yeah, Crawford was the biggest disappointment last year. I didn't watch too many games last year because I was expecting them to be absolutely miserable. However, from what I could read and little I did watch, I think Dufault may become a decent scoring option.

...scout does this often, and it annoys me at times. They change their star rankings after they've all signed their letters - well after. Dufault is now a four star signing for Coach Bz...if I remember correctly, he was a three star as of the start of his freshman year.

7. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

yeah, there was all this off-season workout/pick up game buzz about Crawford and then when the season started he looked lost on the floor and Bz in the paper talking about how he was dogging it in practice (paraphrase). i thought he could give us an Andy Osborne inside/outside type contribution. though, i felt bad for Andy having to post up Brad Buckner for UT whatever year we played them at the CEC. Buckner had 20+ boards. but, Marcus Hall shut down super-frosh Daniel Gibson (who lost his cool in that one, spiking the ball and mouthing off....). we beat UT and almost a very good OSU team that year at the CEC.

still disappointed about Veal and Kelley.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  8. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Seemed all Crawford wanted to do was shoot the three. Was disinterested in playing defense and grabbing some rebounds. Credit where it's due he did step it up towards the end of the season. Would be huge if he found a mean streak over the off-season.