What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Big12/Pac10 Basketball Implications

GoBuffs!!

Club Member
Club Member
So all this talk about Conference realignment, the talk has been about Football, and I understand that is what is driving this, but what is this going to mean for Basketball, any ideas?

It would be tough on the basketball programs. UT, OU, BU, A&M, and Arizona twice a year plus UCLA and UW once a year.

Even going to the MWC wouldn't be that much different.

I think that playing the big boys is a good thing, I dont want to have a season full of CSU and Wyoming. I figured thats how it would be, plus possibly a extra day for a 16 team tourney. Think of the recruits that we could attract with saying that we play in the best league, possibly sending 12 teams to the NCAA's every year... I see this as a Win-Win senario, packed stadiums for good compition, great CU teams full of high quality recruits, and truthfuly with the new practice faciltiy, the upward momentium of the team, I think we can easily be a top 25 team consistantly

Would make itharder to get in the Dance. Look at the Big East. As many bids as they get, it always seems they're shorted 1 or 2. Politics.

I would agree with the Big East being harder in many respects, but with the formation of super conferences, I really think it will end up being teams from the super conferences then the winners of the smaller conferences and thats it, thus making it a requirement to be in one of those conferences if you want a at large bid

Back