1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bohn blew this hire

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DBT, Dec 4, 2010.

1. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

according to Kiszla. I'm not even going to bother to attach a link to that douchebag's article. If you feel like wasting your time, go for it. But he does echo a few sentiments on this board. :smile2:

2. boulder77

boulder77 Certified Organic Club Member

But Woody says it is a good hire. Who do you believe?

3. MrFrumpylane

MrFrumpylane Well-Known Member

Really?? Did Embree lose a game already? Oh man.

4. DBT

Woody.

5. Del

Del Member

Kizla is the biggest douchebag in the denver media - henderson is a close second

6. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

This^^^^

7. NBDefektor

NBDefektor Well-Known Member

with that logic, you can give every hire a free pass. if bohn hired my grandmother, would people say the same thing?

I don't mind the hire, but I do think Bohn ****ed up this whole thing. Here we've known Embree is our coach (and every sign points to it being true), and he has just sat on his ass and really taken the pizazz out of this whole process. As soon as he's introduced, the only ones that will care are in the Boulder/Denver area. What exactly is he waiting on?

8. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

[​IMG]

9. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

I hope I'm wrong, but I think JE and EB will be great recruiters and bring talent to CU but I dont think they have it takes to coach a team to a MNC. They'll take us to bowl games for sure, but I doubt they have that extra "something," call it vision or strategy or whatever, to take a program to win conference championships and compete for Natl Championships.

Again, I really hope I'm wrong as it would be an awesome story to have a former player and asst coach do what Mac did.

10. Del

Del Member

I think Mac has got to take some of the blame for this too. Love the guy but come on he let the cat out of the back 4 days before the AD planned on making the announcement.

11. Unleash Hell

And I don't think we should expect national titles anytime soon anyway no matter who the coach is. We just aren't that type of program. We don't have the money, booster support, or facilities.

12. Unleash Hell

Well theres a huge difference there. Your grandma doesn't have experience probably. Embree has a lot of experience. He has coached in college and the NFL. He has coached both sides of the ball, been a passing game coordinator, and coached many positions. He is a good leader and recruiter.

13. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Fairchild had lots of experience as a O Coordinator in the NFL. He blows

14. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

Man, that is the best Woody Paige article I have read in years. Lots of research put into that one.

Woody Paige is the stupidest smart person I have ever seen, besides myself. It is remarkable, frankly.

15. DBT

Actually, Kiszla probably makes some valid points. Its just that he does it so abrasively. I listen to him off and on during my drive to work. Finger nails on a blackboard are more appealing than his herky-jerky, sputtering-stuttering voice. The dude sounds brain damaged at times.

16. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

It has been said, but it is worth repeating - The Denver media is so insanely anti-CU that it boggles the mind.

17. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

I simply don't get the logic that CU needed to make a big, bold move with this hire. The last two times (three if you include Fairbanks) that the Buffs have gone for the bold move for a coach, it's flopped horribly. Hawkins was the bold move. Neu was the bold move. This move actually seems more well thought out to me.

18. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

For now I'll simply be cautiously optimistic.

When UW first announced it's hire two years ago I just about blew a gasket. I've completely changed tune since then, and have been pleasantly surprised though the jury is still out for a couple years. But if UW is playing in a Bowl this year... two seasons removed from 0-12 with NO talent when the coaches arrived...

Anyway, I hope Embree can put together an outstanding staff and start hitting the recruiting trail. CU's missing a bowl means the coaches have no reason to not be hitting the recruiting front at full speed once the staff starts coming together. And Embree, being an NFL coach (not coaching in a college bowl) should be able to focus right away. CU has great tradition, a great school, one of the top most beautiful campuses in the nation and it's easily in the best state in the Union. All the football team lacks is leadership, and we'll have to wait and see what the new HC and crew can do... not worth complaining about now.

19. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Kiszla definitely right about Mac or EB would have been a bold move by Bohn.

20. Tatonka

Tatonka Club Member Club Member

Is your grandmother a "Black Man"?

21. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Time to circle the wagons, folks.

Stop clicking on the links to any articles by Kiszla.

22. CU827

CU827 Well-Known Member

**** Kiszla. I clicked "ignore" on that dip**** years ago when I was still living in Denver.

23. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Agree! **** him and all of the haters at this point! Time to look forward to and anticipate the changes that are going to come our way. Staff announcements, Recruiting, Spring Ball, Fall Camp, Winning some games. Time to look forward! And did I say, **** you Kiszla!

24. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

So what does ****face Kiz have to say about the hire now that we are getting the "splash" with Bienemy committed to coaching here as well? I think this is a really good sign by our AD.

25. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

You are 100% correct, but with the right coach we can be a ranked team just about every year. I hope I'm wrong, but this looks like another disaster by Bohn. Also remember he would have had an additional $2.1 million for an established coach if he had not wasted money on an extension for $h_t for brains.