1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bohn hopes to know within a month when CU can join Pac-10 and how much $$$ B12 keeps

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by NashBuff, Jun 29, 2010.

1. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5341087

I'm glad we are working towards a solution. The sooner we know the better (except if CU has to play in the Big 12-2 in 2011).

www.pac12fans.com

2. boulder77

boulder77 Certified Organic Club Member

The story doesn't mention whether our friends from Nebraska are involved at all. Are we going to work this out on our own?

3. NashBuff

NU is not involved in this at all. The Huskers will be full Big Ten members next season and with the Big Ten Network money, NU doesn't really lose much. NU is the school that put both the Pac and Big 12-2 & CU in this mess.

4. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

actually, i think Missouri was the arch duke Ferdinand of this WW I. they bitched and moaned enough to make it happen and then got jumped by Dr. Tom's super ethical bad assness to the Big 10......and we got what we've always wanted (at least as long as i've read CU boards since about 1998). I was a Big 8 honk since my dad started taking me to games in the Mallory years, but i can move on.

5. NashBuff

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=204964881

6. NashBuff

Bohn's response to BU's tactics was just professional...given how BU played nasty in the media and how NU slammed the Big 12-2 on the day they announced they were moving to the Big Ten, I really believe CU handled this whole thing with class.

7. NashBuff

It was good to play the five North schools but I did miss playing both Oklahoma schools annually.

8. Mick Ronson

i could not believe the Baylor shizz. i work in higher ed at CU, and to openly "call out" another school like that is totally unreal. just BS. i can only wish the worst to Baylor at this point.

yeah, i miss the home-homes in basketball of the Big 8. people forget, it was a tough conference to win on the road. Buffs held their own more often than not at the CEC. none of these 3 win conference results.

as i've posted before, this is the year CU wins in Norman. first time since 1981. I have an uncle who is a "Posse Club" member at OSU and GIA is super cool. he's taken me a couple times.

9. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Mike Bohn went all the way to Colorado Springs to talk football, sat near Troy Calhoun, and he wasn't quoted about renewing a series with the zoomies.

It's interesting that Mike Bohn represented the football program instead of one of the assistants coaches. The conference reallignment provides some amazing aircover. It would be nice to get more of an update regarding the summer activities at the Dal and surrounding practice fields.

Other than that, I liked what was printed. My critism had more to do with what wasn't printed. The stuff he said is all good.

10. Mick Ronson

can't speak to weight-lifting, but the Buffs were out on the practice fields running and jumping the last two weeks at about 7 AM. agility drills, that sort of thing. lot of football players taking summer classes in CU's Term A. My neighbor has 4 football players in his modern lit class.

11. boulder77

boulder77 Certified Organic Club Member

My point was not to place blame (but if we must, I agree with Mick that Mizzou has more blood on their hands than anyone). A lot of us on this board have been discussing whether CU & NU would join forces to fight the XII Lite - and many of us thought that might be a good idea. Now it seems that CU is taking care of their business independently, as will NU. I guess that is good. We are once again being proactive in making the best deal for us, and everyone else can do the same.

12. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Baylor seems to be made up of the worst types of people. Those that think they can play dirty in their personal and professional lives as long as they go to church on Sunday and talk a pious game. I really hate them. Seriously. It is actual hate.

13. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

To me, that just fits into the "We're well on our way to having a new coaching staff soon, so let's just forget about the current batch now."

14. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Hate is a wasted emotion on Baylor. We'll play them a grand total of once more in football. They're an irrelevant school in an irrelevant conference. They're to be pitied, not hated.

15. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

"We came to our senses"?!?! Did anyone else want to punch Fairchild in the ovaries after hearing this?

No Steve, CU backed down to accomodate your sorry program, we would have been much better off with this game in Boulder, not Denver. And spare me your thoughts on CU's move to the Pac 10 - if you really think it was a bad move you're either jealous or an idot...I suspect both.

16. Buffnik

Yep. Because if CU and the state had had the political juice to pull CSU along into the Pac 12, Fairchild would have been against it. You know, because of how tragic it would be to lose that annual game against Wyoming. That guy is such a douche. I can't wait to see his team be even worse than last year. I honestly have trouble seeing how they're going to get to 3 wins.

17. Del

Del Member

Yep Fairchild is both an idiot and jealous. Just mad because the lammies would never be able to get the invite to a BCS conference with their ****ty facilities, ****ty fan base, and ****ty program. Obviously doesn't know anything about the history of CU or athletics because if he did he would understand the move was a no brainer. Fairchild reminds me of Baylor - quick to judge another program and cast stones but has nothing to support the claims and nothing to support their own program. He should worry about CSU and not what CU does.

18. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

Excellent post SINKRATZ. No need to hear from little brother's coach on anything. He need only talk to Mountain West TV network. Then his voice will really be heard.

19. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

SF is a bitterman. Just like Sonny he's looking for the exit to a real program. SF has a chance since he's not 100 years old. poor ol' Sonny was stuck doing his golden years at CSewe....

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  20. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

fify.

21. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

You know what would be good for the program, doucherocket??? To not play your half-assed band of bottom feeders who get jacked up for exactly one game a year, then disappear back into sub-mediocrity. THAT would be good for the program. Thanks for your concern, now go **** yourself....

22. SINKRATZ

Exactly. And please explain to me Steve, how losing the Oklahoma game is bad for the program, but passing on an additional $8M per year in revenue is not? Good luck with Boise...clown.

23. Buffnik

Here is CSU's schedule. 0-2 wins really would surprise me less than 4+ wins:

vs. Colorado
    @ Nevada
    @ Miami (OH)
    Idaho
    TCU
    @ Air Force
    UNLV
    @ Utah
    New Mexico
    @ San Diego State
    Brigham Young
    @ Wyoming

24. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Well-Known Member

I hope we give CSU an old fashion ass kicking and run it up if possible.

25. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Mark the calendar. On June 29-30, Steve Fairchild is the most annoying football coach with a 3-9 record in the entire state of Colorado. Congradulations, Steve. If it's so important, why don't you ask the lammies AD to sack up and put Oklahoma on your own schedule?

PS. Thanks for the bulletin board material.

26. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

I hope we beat CSU.

27. SINKRATZ

I didn't read it, and I'm too lazy to post a link or start a new thread, but I saw a small headline in the DP about U of Denver possibly joining the WAC even without a football program. Anybody heard anything?

I wonder if it would allow them to add football? Hell, if CSU-Pueblo can do it, why not DU?

28. Buffnik

I thought they were trying to join the WCC. That makes a lot more sense. None of those teams play D1 football and they're similar western city schools. (Gonzaga, Loyola-Marymount, Saint Mary's, Portland, San Francisco, San Diego, Santa Clara, Pepperdine). I believe they all play baseball and that they were also looking at Seattle as a new member. Denver's a major geographic outlier for this, though. Makes sense in every other way.

29. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

Not sure why DU would want to join the WAC. Don't see the advantage over Sunbelt and WCHA. Enlighten me if I am wrong.

30. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Big difference in exposure. I think the WAC would want them to have a football program, though. This could be a good thing for CU, though. If DU brings back it's football program, in another 10 years when the CSU contract is done, we can replace them with DU. The problem DU would have is where to play their games. Not a lot of empty space around the DU campus to put even a small football stadium.

edit: I take that back. There is space on the North side of I-25 for a small football stadium. There's one there already, in fact, that could be expanded.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010