1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bohn's behavior

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffClass90, Nov 30, 2012.

1. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

If my understanding is accurate, Bohn was saying publicly up until the firing that Jon is our guy and we're going to be patient blah, blah, blah.

So why the sudden change? It either show real lack of character or he was told late in the game to fire Jon. Did CU get pressure from Larry Scott or other PAC12 schools to do something??

Thoughts?

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I think outside pressure was applied. Scott, Dr. Phil and or BB, fanbase exiting en masse from the games or not showing up in the first place, or a combination thereof.

3. CuBuff4RNR

CuBuff4RNR New Member

Bohn knew how they would react. To finish out the season he had to pretend he was safe.

sent via EVO

4. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

:lol: at you

5. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

It sounds like boosters told Bohn that they wouldn't provide money for facilities if Embree came back for a third season. As long as we have those shortcomings in facilities, CU football will find the road to success in football difficult.

6. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Who knows what was actually said. I do know that Bohn didn't say anything to the public about keeping Embree around for the weeks prior to the firing.

But does it really matter? The CEO at my company was just forced out yesterday. He wasn't given advance notice - he was just ousted. This happens all over in the real world when you don't perform.

7. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Is he a brother?

Darian3Hagan likes this.
  8. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

Well Bohn said he realized it the week of the Utah game (before the Utah game) and had decided regardless of the outcome, he had to go in a new direction.

He received pressure from all sides but I think he personally wanted to do it and had to get buy in from above. Scott may have helped the cause.

Regardless all ADs say that stuff until the very end of the season UNLESS they fire the coach during the season.

A coach who knows he is a lame duck is not going to behave well and will also immediately lose any remaining control over the team.

I don't think you can go negative on Bohn for not telling Embree earlier.

9. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

No - just a white guy who grew the company by over 10% every year he was here

10. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I think that during the season Bohn had every expectation that Embree would be the HC in 2013. That situation changed quickly and we can certainly speculate on the reasons. I don't believe pressure from the Pac-12 was one of them. I do believe that declining stadium revenues and boosters getting cold feet on funding the facilities project with what was being seen on the field played a large part. My "go to" assumption is always that it's about the money.

11. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Possibly because up until that point his boss' have been saying that they support Embree staying. When Bohn got the go ahead he didn't waste time.

12. pcbuff

pcbuff Well-Known Member

I read here theat Irv Brown said on Monday that it was a booster who came in and threatened to pull money. Seems that with a son on the staff, he might have some insight. Of course I am no longer in Colorado and was surprised he was still on air!

Embree is getting paid a Mil to walk away. While I was on board with giving him another year, I think he will come out of this okay.

13. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

I will reference the Ringo article
    He left it pretty open.

14. BuffClass90

Not wanting to go negative, but if his behavior hurts his and the school's reputation, I'd like to know. Also was watching AltSports and Chad Brown and CJ said something about Bohn, so thought I'd post here to get some feedback.

Good responses here...thanks all. I think Bohn did a decent job in all this and all I have is Embree saying what he was told and then we're into he said/he said BS.

15. buffalo1

buffalo1 Club Member Club Member

As others have said I think during even mid-season Bohn was planning to keep Embree but then it came down to the following:
    -Big facilities donor(s) said big changes or no $
    -Pressure from Bohns bosses
    -Pressure from P12
    -Talks with potentoal OC and DC coaching candidates who said "no way"
    -A realization that Embree is in way too deep, wont recover and succeed regardless of changes in football style
    -Recruiting nowwhere near the potential that JE and EB showed two years ago.

16. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

It is a combination of things, but I can tell you one thing, His behavior is actually pretty common and just typical politics. I see nothing wrong with it and don't think it's really hurting the program, rather helping it out showing they care. You hear stuff like this all the time from AD's during season and then changing when over.

17. pwbuffan

pwbuffan Member

Nik I thought I saw the lost revenue figure posted as 2.5 mil in one of the papers.

18. RumblinBuff

RumblinBuff That one blogging guy Club Member

It's always the money. There's no other answer.

19. BuffClass90

That's the truth.

20. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Yeah. And I think Woody re-reported it in the new article. That kind of number gets people paying attention. When that's going on, someone's gonna get fired. If Embree had been closer to .500 this year, it would have Bohn who got fired for that kind of revenue drop.