1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boom!

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by PhillyBuff, Sep 13, 2010.

1. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

That was the final nail in the coffin for Hawk. He is outta here at some point this season. I was sitting 2 rows behind Bohn and although he wasn't saying anything, he was clearly embarassed by this game.

Just sit back and enjoy the folly to follow... It will happen before the end of the season.

2. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

***k your post! Very misleading. I thought the "Boom" title was going to be followed by an article stating that Hawk had been fired!

3. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

passes it to the man, and boom goes the dynamate.

4. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

It won't happen until the end of the season unless they completely sht the bed against Hawaii.

5. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Which wouldn't surprise me

6. CUFan

What is the point of waiting?

7. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

I think they need to wait. If they were to fire him now, they would appointment an interim head coach...someone already on the staff. I think we can all agree most everybody on the staff has to go...we need to start fresh with a well known, relatively proven guy that will bring some recruiting hype. If the interim head coach has any success our leadership is dumb enough to hire the guy on full time at the end of the season, get him on the cheap. Some of the wins would be purely inspirational and nothing to do with coaching. Nobody on the current staff has the name to really shake up recruiting or a resume that says they can put together a staff that can win...we would only be in for a couple more years of mediocrity. Keep him until we get close to the end of the season then fire his ***** during a pivotal moment...leading up to the FU game to get some press and get someone else in quick.

8. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

2 interim coaching options that I would be ok with right now are Coach Mac or Coach Cabral.

9. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Boom!

[​IMG]

DOES THIS **** WORK ON ****TY COACHES?

10. BlkDynamite

BlkDynamite Member

Who the hell is interrupting my kung fu?

Ruckus likes this.
  11. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

If they have every intention of firing him then I don't see the point of waiting until the end of the season. My preference would be yesterday (actually, my preference would be last Thanksgiving when it SHOULD have been done), but if they want to wait and see how these next few games go then I can somewhat understand that. But if Hawaii is a disaster or even a loss, then considering it's a WAC team and a home game, go ahead and pull the trigger. That would be a good time because they have a bye week after that game anyway.

12. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

:iagree:

13. CUFan

YES!!!!!!!!!! I totally agree. ACT NOW!

14. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

I think the Pac-10 has ante'd up and will pay to have CU play in their league next year - if not sooner. And they're probably trying to force a Hawkins extension - or at least a game against UCLA to see just which is the worst team.

15. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

Exactly. There is no downside to firing him today. None whatsoever.

:bang::bang::bang:

16. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Yeah, when you're this bad, you don't have anything left to play for. Might as well pull the trigger today. I'm not sure what the delay is for.

17. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

I know for a fact at least some of those assistants do not see eye to eye with Hawkins in terms of how he runs the team. Not saying who it is, so don't ask, but the Buffs have coaches who see what is happening and want to fix it.