What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boyle re-working contract

fify...ticket prices will need to go up for a profit to be made.

I can still go to games outside my partial season ticket package for $5 or scalp tix for face value or less. When Oregon State tix go for $50 a pop, then it will be profitable.

Yeah you're not correct on this. Bohn has come out and said that the basketball program has been profitable for two years In a row.

I should also add that had the football team not sucked at historic levels, my interest in basketball might still not be very high. Like many, I'm desperate to support a winner at CU. Boyle couldn't have timed the ascension of CU basketball any better. It will be interesting to see if the interest level remains once the football team gets its act together. I suspect it will, due to the amount of goodwill that has been generated the last couple years. Fans are fickle, but they do remember stuff like that.

Per article in 4/6 Denver Post, contracts are being re-done for both Boyle & Lappe that would run thru 2017-18 season. I'm glad to see that both coaches are getting rewarded for their work.

I should also add that had the football team not sucked at historic levels, my interest in basketball might still not be very high. Like many, I'm desperate to support a winner at CU. Boyle couldn't have timed the ascension of CU basketball any better. It will be interesting to see if the interest level remains once the football team gets its act together. I suspect it will, due to the amount of goodwill that has been generated the last couple years. Fans are fickle, but they do remember stuff like that.
I think that's definitely played a strong role. I went to nearly every game during my first three years at CU and went to many Senior year. But I never even thought of CU as anything close to a basketball school. Like you said the rise of basketball was the perfect storm.

Good to see you came out of yer mom's basement for that! That big yellow ball in the sky? We call it the "Sun".

Pay attention to the cross country team as well! Really fun to root for a bunch of mostly Colorado kids (and surprisingly, virtually NO 26 yr. old foreign "students") who were very good HS runners who were turned into AA's and natiional, even international, stars, by one of the first pony-tail wearin' coachs in the nation and one of the best, Mark Wetmore.

Back-to-back Pac12 champions in a league known for its prominent XC programs and 3rd in the men's NCAAs during a re-building year. Go Buffs XC!

Good to see you came out of yer mom's basement for that! That big yellow ball in the sky? We call it the "Sun".

Pay attention to the cross country team as well! Really fun to root for a bunch of mostly Colorado kids (and surprisingly, virtually NO 26 yr. old foreign "students") who were very good HS runners who were turned into AA's and natiional, even international, stars, by one of the first pony-tail wearin' coachs in the nation and one of the best, Mark Wetmore.

Back-to-back Pac12 champions in a league known for its prominent XC programs and 3rd in the men's NCAAs during a re-building year. Go Buffs XC!

Cross Country doesn't get highlights on SportsCenter. I'm thrilled for our cross country teams, but I'm talking about major sports, here.

I should also add that had the football team not sucked at historic levels, my interest in basketball might still not be very high. Like many, I'm desperate to jump on bandwagons. Boyle couldn't have timed the ascension of CU basketball any better. It will be interesting to see if the interest level remains once the football team gets its act together. I suspect it will, due to the amount of goodwill that has been generated the last couple years. Fans are fickle, but they do remember stuff like that.

FIFY :smile2:

Was told by an AD employee during the last home game that I could expect a price increase on my season tix with an added seat tax/mandatory donation. I guess the seat tax was already being done with seats lower than mine(my tix are half court 13 rows up), and believe it was around the $200 range. He said the biggest reason for this was to pay for coaches salaries. I've enjoyed how low ticket prices have been over the years, but you get what you pay for, and I'll enjoy the Buffs in the tourney every year more than cheap season tix. :thumbsup:

FIFY :smile2:

Was told by an AD employee during the last home game that I could expect a price increase on my season tix with an added seat tax/mandatory donation. I guess the seat tax was already being done with seats lower than mine(my tix are half court 13 rows up), and believe it was around the $200 range. He said the biggest reason for this was to pay for coaches salaries. I've enjoyed how low ticket prices have been over the years, but you get what you pay for, and I'll enjoy the Buffs in the tourney every year more than cheap season tix. :thumbsup:
It's been a big bargain for years, easily one of the best entertainment dollars in the Front Range. Still no parking charge right? As long as it's not a ridiculous increase, I don't think too many people could object to an increase.

Per article in 4/6 Denver Post, contracts are being re-done for both Boyle & Lappe that would run thru 2017-18 season. I'm glad to see that both coaches are getting rewarded for their work.

Both Boyle and Lappe need to get rewarded for their hard work, player development and winning ways, as well as increasing attendance.

Guilty as charged bandwagon fan, here. I am unapologetic about it. I'm passionate about football. Not so much about basketball. That doesn't mean I don't want to support a winner. I want to be able to wear the black and gold and know that I can talk smack with somebody.

Back