1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brent Musberger just jumped up in my book

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sackman, Sep 2, 2007.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Quote (in ever increasing volume): "The university has pledged to plant THREE trees for every ONE they cut down. That's TWO SAPLINGS and ONE FULLY GROWN TREE. THAT'S THREE FOR ONE AND THAT'S A PRETTY GOOD DEAL IF YOU'RE A TREE HUGGER!!!"

In case you missed the Cal/Tennessee game yesterday, Cal is planning on building an addition to their athletic facilities right next to their stadium. I guess there's a bunch of old oak trees there. A bunch of hippies are camping out in the trees to keep them from being cut down. This just set Musberger OFF. He was clearly disgusted with the fact that the university didn't just arrest them and move on with the project. I thought it was hilarious. And the more he talked about it, the madder he got. You could tell he wanted to go out there and shoot them out of the trees himself. :lol:

2. FChairbanks

FChairbanks muthaka slayer Club Member

he was all about smoking some doobage with the folks on tightwad hill though....hypocrite...

:smile2:

3. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I was LMAO watching that. I almost felt sorry for the University officials they talked to about the situation - they obviously knew that no matter how well they stated their case, the University itself was just going to add to it's reputation for being just a bit "out there"... :lol:

4. sackman

Yep. I know what you mean. The official was asked straight out "Why don't you just have them arrested, they are trespassing on University property, right?" His response was well reasoned, and the school is in a tough position. We think we have problems with freaks in Boulder. I can only imagine how tough it must be to try to run a competitive athletic department in Berkely. :wow:

5. Gateway

Gateway Well-Known Member

Is that the hill that has been a tradition for years to watch the game for free?

Maybe it's not the trees, as much as losing the hill...:huh:

6. sackman

No - cheapskate hill isn't going anywhere. This is a group of trees on the other side of the stadium that are supposed to be taken down to build some athletic training facilities.

On a side note, I remember CU taking down dozens of big, old cottonwoods in the Norlin Quad when I was going to school there. There were no protests. Nobody climbing up and threatening to live there unless they saved the trees. I guess in Berkely, people don't need jobs. :huh:

7. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

No, cheapskate hill was where they did an interview later in the game. The sideline bimbette they sent up there to do the interview commented that there didn't seem to be a lot of alcohol, but that folks were partying "in a very Berkeley kind of way". She then said "I better get out of here before I'm arrested". That's when Brent made some comments about the cloud of vapor rising from there that FCuker was talking about above... :smokin:

That whole part was almost as funny as the discussions about the tree huggers... :lol:

8. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Lets not forget that it's rumored that his daughter went to Dear Old CU.