What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Brent Musburger Retiring

Well he's got nothing on Keith Jackson to me, college football wise. He's done plenty of other sports though as well. He had an impressive career. Good luck to him.

Don't get the Musberger hate, but whatever. He was knowledgeable and well spoken. He had his quirks, but they were harmless. He took the time to know the teams he was covering and rarely, if ever, butchered a player or coaches name. He was a professional and had a great career. I'm sad to see him go.
The flip side of him and Lundquist retiring is that our own Joel Klatt and Chris Fowler are rapidly ascending the ranks of CFB announcers. Hell, Fowler is already at the top. He is the new voice of college football. That's kind of cool.

The other day on KFAB, the Omaha news/talk radio station they were doing news at the bottom of the hour and mentioned that Musburger was retiring and how the nubs hate him. They mentioned how Musburger always seemed to call the big games where the Fuskers lost. They specifically mentioned the 2001 game against Colorado. It brought a smile to my face.

Reactions: aik
He started with CBS the year I was born. (1973)

Here's some old school halftime highlights.

I didn't like him, and I've never really respected him, but I can admit he was pretty good at his job. He certainly did make games feel big. The Mixon comments were so cringey, though.

I didn't like him, and I've never really respected him, but I can admit he was pretty good at his job. He certainly did make games feel big. The Mixon comments were so cringey, though.

He had Bill Walton's ability to stay on topic without Bill Walton's unique perspective on life.

Won't miss him. He found a way to make himself the story (Katherine Webb, Jenn Sterger, Mixon) in a way that the guys I love listening to call games......like Chris Fowler and Brad Nessler dont.

Back