1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brian Lindgren

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Quattro, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Yeah...

Sent from a red light

2. Jaximus

Jaximus Club Member Club Member

Appears to be building a house of cards with a stiff wind blowing.

I quit watching after the fake punt. Before that I was actually impressed with our OL play for once. However, our lack of game breakers make lindgrens job very difficult. Sort of a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of thing.

The playcalling is much better than last year. Not hard. He appears to try to mix it up.

My biggest beef of this game was settling for 3 fg attempts on 4th and shorts in the 2nd quarter. I say we should have gone for it. We don't have the defense to win with fgs. That's loser football.

3. OrangeBowl

OrangeBowl Club Member Club Member

Seeing a pattern after a turnover they run a trick play.I like going big after a takeaway,but we aren't good enough to have anyone but a QB throw the ball.

4. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

There's a time and a place to go for it. When you're in a competitive point in the game, you take the points. Long drives that result in nothing are a killer for morale. That was illustrated pretty clearly tonight. I'm hardly claiming we would have won, but there's a fine line between a well-timed gamble or two and just being Hawk-style foolish.

5. Jaximus

Jaximus Club Member Club Member

I'm pleasantly surprised that oliver hit 2 of 3 from 50 but I would have rather seen us go for it. Even if we score 1 td out of those 3 drives we would have had 1 more point. We had momentum. Go for the jugular I say! 3 points only delays the inevitable. We need to put up 35+ to have a hope of winning a PAC 12 game this year.

6. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

With our OL, going on 4th and short is short-sighted. We need points, and early on it looked like maybe we were going to hang with them.

7. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

the 4th down call is always the HC's. That said, lindgren is struggling to find any sort of consistency with this team. We can't execute our base plays with any sort of competence due to the OL issues.