1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brilliant gamesmanship with our kickers

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

All week, the reports were that Kirkwood would be doing the kicking tonight.

Then we trotted him out after the first touchdown and used him as a decoy when we pulled a fake and went for two.

Then, Aric Goodman did all the kicking the rest of the game.

Baylor prepared for the wrong kicker. Haha! I bet their coaches feel like idiots right now. Suckers.

1 person likes this.
  2. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

That's how you clinic, my friend. Special teams brilliance.

1 person likes this.
  3. The Guest

The Guest Guest

This two post punch combo has me rolling. This was the momentary cure for some serious football depression and a hangover.

4. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

We've been discussing -- or ranting -- about this on a special teams thread:

I believe they are trying to run off Kirkwood so there is no competition left at kicker, and Goodman keeps his spot.

They tried to run off Hansen (and every single other QB, walkon or scholly) so Cody's position had no real competition, why not do it with the kickers, too? Because if you have a starting kicker who is at 25% for the season, (which he was, going into this game, he made 1 for 4) AND has had terrible numbers for three years, ... why not play mindgames with the most talented walkon and see if you can piss him off enough to get him to leave.

Take the most talented scholarship kicker, and make him a punter 100% of the time, but then DON'T LET HIM PUNT. Insist on the crazy rugby punt each time and shrug your shoulders when it's unsuccessful. The staff decisions have been elevated to frightening.
    A great parting gift from a lame duck coaching staff.

5. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

Hawk can recruit #1 RBs out of California only to run them off. He certainly knows Running Off.

6. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Well the only thing left is for him to practice what he preaches and RUN HIMSELF OFF.

7. 14er

14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

How they handle kickers.... how they handle QB's....... how they handle RB's..... how they handle WR's

Dan Hawkins has no idea how to handle anything! There is sooo much evidence how ridiculously stupid this coaching staff is, there has to be some reaction from the AD after this example of coaching losing a game. I get the feeling that if this was a ship at sea the mutiny would've happened last night. I think that both the players and coaches are ready for something to happen and are almost ready to do it on their own.

Please Bohn do something!