1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brooks: Boyle Takes Look Back, Ahead At CU Hoops

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Mar 30, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Category: Football

The morning after a final-second, one-point loss might be neither the time to turn reflective nor visionary, but Tad Boyle was good doing both here Wednesday - despite his Colorado basketball team's 62-61 loss the previous night to Alabama.

Originally posted by CUBuffs.com
    Click here to view the article.

2. cnbuff410

cnbuff410 Club Member Club Member

I really like this guy, a lot

3. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

I like him alot, too. I hope we keep him.

4. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

He is the guy that is going to get CU to the expected to win stage and then onto a regular NCAA Tourney team. You can tell there is something genuine when you talk to him and it is translating in recruiting and getting fans to buy in. Combine this with the support Bohn has thrown towards bball, and we are set up pretty well to compete moving forward.

5. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Why did he day there is no reward for going on the road, then schedule a home and road game with both Wyoming and air force. Why play 200+ rpi teams on the road

6. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

"play teams on the road if you know you can win or it wont hurt you to lose"

these two fall in the first category

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

There are mitigating factors with the CSU, Wyoming and Air Force games.

Boyle also knows that he needs to build excitement for basketball on the front range in order to build the fan base and the quality of CO prep hoops. I don't believe we'd sign a home-and-home with dangerous programs like that if it weren't for the mitigating factors.

Also, expect to see DU appearing on future schedules. UNC will show up in 4 years once all of Boyle's recruits have graduated.

8. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i could do without playing UNC. no real upside there, if Wyo, AFA, and CSU are on the schedule. if you are Boyle, maybe you pay back the program that gave you "your first shot" as a payday....but, in the big picture, not a lot to be gained there. capture the coveted Greeley market? playing DU is OK, since our presence in Denver should (for the last 30 years) cultivated aggressively (but hasn't been). and with the conference switch for them, not a terrible RPI hit.

9. tante

if he wants to play all these front range teams, then CU needs to step up and book the Pepsi center for the weekend and invite UNC, CU, CSU and Denver for a tournament that takes places over two days, where the winner gets a "Colorado Cup" or something like that. Since it is a neutral site, I think it gets treated as an away game for RPI purposes.

This will build even more excitement in the front range for basketball and would help the teams involved more than a home-home series.

10. tante

it would absolutely hurt to lose to either of these schools, do you think a selection committee would like to see a 200+ rpi team on the road. The risks outweigh the reward IMO.