1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brooks: Buffs Step To The FT Line - 500 Times Each

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by RSSBot, Dec 5, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Category: Men's Basketball

If you were wondering how long it was before the Colorado men's basketball team was back at the free throw line following a one-point defeat last week at Colorado State, here's your answer: Not very.

Originally posted by CUBuffs.com
    Click here to view the article.

2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Awesome. Team shot 83% from the line for the 4000 free throws they took. So guess they just need to stop sucking in games. Its a concentration issue, not a form issue. Not sure how a coach can fix that.

Also, this tidbit...

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I can't wait for Wednesday night.

I'm very curious to see how this team responds and I really want to see Cain.

We better put an ass whuppin' on Fresno.

4. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

looking forward to this game.

5. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

Awesome.

6. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Anybody know what happened to shannon? He played decent the first couple games I saw. He looked to be regaining his quickness and his basketball smarts, but recently havent seen him at all. Injury? In the dog house? Grades? or is it just talent is not there?

7. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

People have been saying his knee is bothering him, keeping him moving laterally with any speed.

8. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Team was worn down. This week off came at a good time. I expect a solid performance against Fresno - and this includes at least 70% from the charity stripe. Glad we're finally at the point where we can start giving Cain some minutes. Thankful we've got 5 OOC games remaining -- let's see some major progress and get to 9-3 before kicking Utah's ass on NYE to open league play!

9. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

If they start hitting free throws in a game like they apparently did in practice I am confident we will easily be 9-3. 83% is a great free throw percentage. They need to do some shooting in coors with the crowd noise the football team uses.

10. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

83% is very solid, but the real test will come in game action. It will be an extremely pleasant surprise if we go 80% from the line against Fresno, but I'm afraid this might be a bit of a process. In terms of getting to 9-3, it should happen. Wyoming is the biggest threat to upset CU, followed by Fresno. Wyo is 8-1, but it's misleading as they've literally played no one. You know you've faced a weak schedule when you're 8-1 and Utah Valley is one of your better wins. I had been thinking Texas Southern could be a threat since we did face them in the NIT 1st Round last season, but it looks like they must have lost everyone as they're 1-6. It sucks that New Orleans has dropped down to DII -- playing two DII teams in one season is kinda ******, be thankful that we're not going to be on the bubble this year because that would have come back to bite us in the ass

11. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Anything above 65% for the team over the rest of the season would make me happy.

12. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

Agreed, it would be one thing if this was a team with a history of good FT shooting and they just had a bad game or 2 at the line. Problem is none of these guys has ever had a lot of success at the line, improvement will be slow.