1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brooks: CU Coaches Caravan Postcard - Day Three

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, May 15, 2013.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Jul 8, 2005

Football coach Mike MacIntyre highlights Day 3 with a story about legendary Alabama coach Paul Bear Bryant he hopes to use as a lesson for his own team.

Originally posted by CUBuffs.com
    Click here to view the article.
  2. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

Apr 9, 2012
    MacIntyre said three of his defensive linemen have lost 20 pounds each but have 14 more to lose before they begin August camp. He wants a couple of linebackers to lose 15 pounds each, several offensive linemen to drop 10 to 12 and has a couple of receivers earmarked to gain 8 to 10 pounds. He said his team’s first-year weight loss task at San Jose State was more difficult, but “we came around OK . . . the next year we radically changed.” He expects the same results eventually at CU.

I didn't realize so many kids were out of shape for their position or that the last coaching staff was THAT out of touch with what the kids need to do to win. Conditioning is one of the keys Coach Mac cites when asked about how he turned around SJSU.

I don't see us having 2nd half meltdowns like last year. We were in most games at halftime (with glaring exceptions) but I'm guessing we were the worst second half team in the country last year. Just playing 4 quarters may win us a few more games.

Go Buffs!!!!
  3. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Embree after all called Hawkins practices "recess." This is just lowering expectations and passing off some initial blame IMO.