What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Brooks: Tau Lightens His Load, Eyes Final Chance

I know its cliche' but when i read stuff like that i jsut shake my head and wonder about wtf went up with the last coaches.

I'd love for Tau's story to have a positive ending. Good luck!

I think the most interesting part of the story is how Blacken is really working with the kids and building a successful (I hope) S&C program. Not only is Blacken helping Sione eat better, work harder and loose weight but it seems like the attitude adjustments evident in the article bode well for the entire program.

I am sure that it being his last year is a big motivator, but I would also like to think that all of the talk by the new staff about competition, attitude and winning is for real and this is just one example.

Good luck Sione! Keep up the hard work and you should be rewarded.

I only saw him in action once, at the spring game in 2007, I believe it was. The kid is huge and very strong, but his footwork and agility were what was holding him back. Now that CU has a S&C coach with a clue, we may get a glimpse of what I have always thought Tau had the ability to be: a dominating OL.

Harris and Bakhtiari will start at Tackle. Even if he loses 30 more pounds he will be at 350. That's still too heavy imo

I'd like to see him jump up and make an impact. Even if not getting him on a better diet and dropping a bunch of weight is going to make his life easier. Being a 380lb guy in your early 20's with no more football to play isn't a recipe for a long, healthy life.

Whether he makes an impact this season or not, hard work & competitiveness are contagious on a sports team. Tau's commitment doesn't just make him better, it makes his teammates better.

Back