What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

BSN: Colorado athletic director Rick George: ‘Mike MacIntyre is going to be our coach next...

If the wife has any say (and they usually do) she's got to be another check mark in the Boulder column.
I'm not familiar with his wife's background. Is she from Illinois? Is her family still there? Is she an Illini alumn?

Unless she's from Colorado and/or a CU alumn, it may or may not be the slam dunk you think it is.

I'm not familiar with his wife's background. Is she from Illinois? Is her family still there? Is she an Illini alumn?

Unless she's from Colorado and/or a CU alumn, it may or may not be the slam dunk you think it is.
Seriously doubt it, since Illinois is his "dream job" don't think it would make that much difference.

I'd say that's pretty definitive. So for those of us who have been saying MM isn't going anywhere this year, can we point to this as evidence?
I don't totally agree. Although I have not made up my mind about MM, what was RG going to say? Yes he is on the hot seat, and if he doesn't win out he is fired. RG was being PC and saying the right things. Im not totally sure he was speaking all truths. He cant have locker rooms issues if the team thinks he might be gone. Still have games left to play

RG has never made a coaching hire. It would be awful clever of him to leave, perhaps for more money or some other percieved perk, for Illinois with no hires on his resume.

I think this is ok.
The recruits he has lined up seem to be a step up from what we've had in the past several years.

If he doesn't get a MUCH improved record next season, put Leavitt in as Head Coach.

on message boards, the doom abides.

we'll be fine. this isn't the days of sensible shoes bitsy, her lap dog bynny, and the invisible tharp.

we'll be fine. this isn't the days of sensible shoes bitsy, her lap dog bynny, and the invisible tharp.

We still have the same administration in place that extended Hawkins and hired Embo and EB on the cheap.

The dreaded vote of confidence from the boss is a nail in every coffin. We'll see how this plays out. WSU is a real litmus test after some buzz saws that can drain team support.

The dreaded vote of confidence from the boss is a nail in every coffin. We'll see how this plays out. WSU is a real litmus test after some buzz saws that can drain team support.
wasn't your typical vote of confidence, but ok.

I took that quote as a sincere and emphatic "He's not going anywhere". Right after his MM comments he was pretty honest regarding the Illinois speculation, when he definitely didn't have to be. He clearly didn't give a **** about giving a PC answer to UI question; why would he care about giving the PC "vote of confidence" regarding Mac?

I don't totally agree. Although I have not made up my mind about MM, what was RG going to say? Yes he is on the hot seat, and if he doesn't win out he is fired. RG was being PC and saying the right things. Im not totally sure he was speaking all truths. He cant have locker rooms issues if the team thinks he might be gone. Still have games left to play
I was thinking this is the dreaded vote of confidence like the one given to Embree right before he was canned. Depends on who RG is able to get interest from this cycle. I'm sure he has a target in mind.

I took that quote as a sincere and emphatic "He's not going anywhere". Right after his MM comments he was pretty honest regarding the Illinois speculation, when he definitely didn't have to be. He clearly didn't give a **** about giving a PC answer to UI question; why would he care about giving the PC "vote of confidence" regarding Mac?
Its easier to be non PC about your own future then it is about one of your employees.

I was thinking this is the dreaded vote of confidence like the one given to Embree right before he was canned. Depends on who RG is able to get interest from this cycle. I'm sure he has a target in mind.
Agreed. Im sure he has feelers out. Maybe im wrong but he wouldn't throw MM under the bus with 3 weeks left.

Its easier to be non PC about your own future then it is about one of your employees.
The "dreaded" vote of confidence, IMO, would have sounded a little more like this, "Mike MacIntyre is our coach and we are committed to him". Short and simple to address the issue and move on.

In contrast, his actual comments reflected sincerity, IMO, by emphatically saying three times (in 3 different ways) that MM isn't going anywhere.

In contrast, his actual comments reflected sincerity, IMO, by emphatically saying three times (in 3 different ways) that MM isn't going anywhere.
That was my take away as well. But what the hey, we need something to talk about between losses.

Agreed. Im sure he has feelers out. Maybe im wrong but he wouldn't throw MM under the bus with 3 weeks left.
Agreed. Maybe CU loses out and RG keeps MikMac anyway. Maybe CU loses out and RG makes a move, maybe CU wins another one, or even two and the decision becomes easier...point is there is too much left on the table for RG to decide now. No matter what though, calls are being made, agents are busy and the coaches are talking only to their agents so they can honestly say, I haven't talked to any other program. Nowadays, it is all done behind the scenes through agents.

The "dreaded" vote of confidence, IMO, would have sounded a little more like this, "Mike MacIntyre is our coach and we are committed to him". Short and simple to address the issue and move on.

You may very well be correct, I don't know. My only comment about his answer is that he wouldn't thrown MM under the bus. He isn't going to say he has feelers out to see who wants the job, or MM has to win the last 3 games or he is fired. He had to answer the way he did. As far as reading into his words and how he says things, someone who knows him better then I can speak on that!

I question the judgement of anyone whose dream job involves Champaign, Illinois. Maybe we're better off with RG not making a coaching hire.

Last edited:
RG has never made a coaching hire. It would be awful clever of him to leave, perhaps for more money or some other percieved perk, for Illinois with no hires on his resume.

My thoughts completely. I'm not really sure what he has done that would entice Illinois to try to poach him. I like what he's doing, although part of that has to be not being Bohn, but what exactly has he done in his short time here to separate himself from all the ADs in the country?

My thoughts completely. I'm not really sure what he has done that would entice Illinois to try to poach him. I like what he's doing, although part of that has to be not being Bohn, but what exactly has he done in his short time here to separate himself from all the ADs in the country?

Fundraising mostly. They are about as bad as we are on that front.

Wow.

And of course fundraising is important. But if I'm Illinois, and I'm going to shell out enough coin to steal RG from CU, I'm thinking I need to know if he's going to be able to make the big hires, too.

Rick George's wife is a former Illinois cheerleader. They spent a long time in Texas. Boulder is more beautiful than both but Texas has big pockets and Illinois can probably offer everything that CU can money wise with the chance to work at his alma mater/former or maybe still dream job. Illinois will make him top priority and CU better hope his wife has fallen in love with Boulder and doesn't want to go back to Illinois. Otherwise, they are going back to where they both went to HS at and she grew up at. If they want to retire and live in Illinois or Boulder is the question. We are all very biased. I would hate to lose George. He is a rock star, but you can't change a man's heart.

I can't believe I am reading some of you questioning his abilities. His main job was to raise money and get us competitive in football. He has done that with the facilities. The question is if Mac is the right coach. I don't know. I am waiting until next year to decide like he is or his next AD will have to decide.

Last edited:
Wow, what?

Like I said, I like him, but how much of our RG love stems from the fact that we had **** for ADs for almost 20 years before he got here?

The only thing RG hasn't done is hire a coach. He raised money at an unprecedented rate, he upped the schedule, he stopped giving away tickets and devaluing the brand and he put the AD in the black despite having a poor football program. You don't think that is enough for other schools to want him?

If MM is staying another year, I sure hope he fires Lindgren and Neinas, and makes a change at qb.

Back