1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bud Foster

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by CarolinaBuff, Dec 31, 2009.

1. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Why isn't this guy ever mentioned as a head-coaching candidate when openings come up?

2. DrunkPanda

DrunkPanda Active Member

i would love to have bud foster as our next head coach

3. Dunken

Dunken Member

He is, but he is now the coach in waiting at VT....he loves the school, team and the town and has stated that he has no reason to leave.....

4. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

He has? I don't recall him ever getting his name on a list of candidates, just curious which ones he has been mentioned for. That's a pretty good deal for VT if he does want to stick around that much. How much longer is Beamer planning on hanging out for?

5. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I don't believe that Foster is officially the coach-in-waiting at VT. Unless it's just assumed that he will take over whenever Beamer decides to leave or is fired.

6. Dunken

Dunken Member

Bud Foster had interviewed for the Clemson HC job, and his name was on a long list for the SC and FL job as well but never interviewed for either one. According to an TV interview with Bud, they have talked about the "coach-in-waiting" but the school did not want to make a deal like at TX with Will Muschamp. VT feels that Frank Beamer could still be the HC for many more season and did not want to tie down Bud Foster.....