What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs control their own destiny.

Ringer

I know it is fantasy, but if the Buffs win out every scheduled and yet-to-be scheduled game this season, they would be national champs, with no need for help from anyone else. The only possible "help" they would need is Washington remaining unbeaten until the PAC12 championship game, so a Buffs victory would absolutely ensure a ticket to the playoffs. Yes, I am getting way ahead of the game, but isn't it fun to know this?

We don't control it on getting to the playoff, though. A ton would have to break right with 2-loss conference champs from the P5 and no G5 being undefeated to sneak in.

We don't control it on getting to the playoff, though. A ton would have to break right with 2-loss conference champs from the P5 and no G5 being undefeated to sneak in.
Assuming a couple upsets around the country but not pure chaos, what would we be ranked going into the PAC 12 championship if we win our last 4 games? 9? 10? If we are and Washington is undefeated and we beat them that had to move us in the 5-6 range which at least puts us in the conversation.

Duly noted, but I think if the Buffs get into the PAC12 game with no more losses, and Washington continues on its unbeaten path, they would give a berth to Colorado if the Buffs won. It's good for business.

Duly noted, but I think if the Buffs get into the PAC12 game with no more losses, and Washington continues on its unbeaten path, they would give a berth to Colorado if the Buffs won. It's good for business.
Would be tough for me to see a two loss CU getting into the playoffs regardless of what UW does.

You would have to have no more than 3 undefeated or one loss P5 champions, obviously, and you would also probably need a couple of non-champions to lose a game or two they're not supposed to. (Michigan immediately comes to mind - say they lose to OSU, but OSU loses to Wisconsin in the Big Ten title game. Michigan would go in front of us. Stupid, maybe, that a non-conference champion would go in front a P5 conference champion, but still true.)

Would be tough for me to see a two loss CU getting into the playoffs regardless of what UW does.

Indeed, and we're getting ahead of ourselves, but everyone outside of Alabama is not beyond dropping 2 games. Our 2 losses stack up in strength with anyone. Only a matter of time before USC is well into the top 25.

For now, I'm in win the South and end the season with 10 wins in one way or another mode (bowl win, whatever). That alone would be a dream.

We would have been in a four team playoff with two losses if a playoff existed in 2001. It's extremely unlikely that it would happen this year, though. Even if there are only three undefeated or one loss teams (which is rather unlikely), there would be a number of other two loss teams vying for that last slot. Let's just be very happy that we're looking at a Rose, Alamo or Holiday bowl if we finish strong as I expect we will.

We would have been in a four team playoff with two losses if a playoff existed in 2001. It's extremely unlikely that it would happen this year, though. Even if there are only three undefeated or one loss teams (which is rather unlikely), there would be a number of other two loss teams vying for that last slot. Let's just be very happy that we're looking at a Rose, Alamo or Holiday bowl if we finish strong as I expect we will.

Don't write off 3-4 Ole Miss just yet, either ;)

Agreed, although I do have to think we would get some credit for both of our losses being without our starting QB, including one of those losses really only coming after he went down halfway through the game.

Well I'm not gonna tell anyone what to believe. We'd have to win out and have some things fall our way. Is it impossible? No it isn't. The good news is we have some pretty good press right now. We win out through the Pac-12 title game, look out. Saying all that, I'm the direct opposite from that thinking. Control what you can on a daily basis, then play who is in front of you that week. If the guys believe it's not just a Pac Title they want, let them go about it.

Back