What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs enter stretch run

How many wins for CU during the stretch run?

• 7 (25-6 final record)

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 6 (24-7)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 5 (23-8)

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • 4 (22-9)

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • 3 (21-10)

Votes: 41 46.1%
  • 2 (20-11)

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • 1 (19-12)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0 (18-13)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
54. Colorado Buffaloes (Previous ranking: 51)
It pains The Bilastrator to see Spencer Dinwiddie on the sidelines in his USA Basketball gear. The Bilastrator watched Colorado drub Washington without Dinwiddie, and it showed just how good Colorado could have been with him. The Buffs are still good, but this team was very good and getting better when he was hurt. Colorado has won three straight heading into a big two-week stretch, with upcoming games against UCLA, USC, Arizona State and Arizona.
From ESPN Insider, not sure how we fall in the rankings after winning out last three games including massacring UW. Is he holding our future schedule against us?

SIAP but where will our RPI approximately be with 3 wins? Lets say @USC, ASU, and another road win (not UCLA)

SIAP but where will our RPI approximately be with 3 wins? Lets say @USC, ASU, and another road win (not UCLA)

Hard to say, since a lot depends on what the teams around us do in the RPI. But if the Buffs go 3-4 the rest of the way, I think we could end up around 40 and very bubbly.

Hard to say, since a lot depends on what the teams around us do in the RPI. But if the Buffs go 3-4 the rest of the way, I think we could end up around 40 and very bubbly.

Hasn't there only been one team left off ever with an RPI below 45 or something like that? Dare I say lock? Zero bad losses, conference record of .500 and multiple quality wins

Slider, you're thinking of an RPI below 30, and it was missouri state in like 08 or something. mid-high 30's RPI get left out all the time

Hasn't there only been one team left off ever with an RPI below 45 or something like that? Dare I say lock? Zero bad losses, conference record of .500 and multiple quality wins
The SI bracket just released today had us as a #12 seed today but NOT one of the last four in. I venture to say, we're not a lock with a 3-4 finish necessarily.

I'm siding with nik here, while a 3-4 record over the last 7 will not be awful, there are some teams that are fighting for their life right now and could go on a tear - something we cant keep up with if we go 3-4.
In addition to that, 3-4 would probably include a win over USC, which wont do much for us. It may not include a marquee win like zona or ucla, though we do have opportunities for those.
We are probably going to need at least 4 wins down this stretch to feel ok, and 5 to feel comfortable.

With our early season win over Oregon and our early season losses to OK. State and Baylor looking worse and worse, we need to have a winning record over these final 7 to feel safe on selection sunday I think.

With our early season win over Oregon and our early season losses to OK. State and Baylor looking worse and worse, we need to have a winning record over these final 7 to feel safe on selection sunday I think.
3-4 should get us in but it's not a lock IMO. I think 4-3 would put us over the top. Anything better, we can start talking about seeding.

So there is a new analyzer. I would say it is about 70% accurate. But here is what our RPI would be based on different scenarios:
3-4 finish
RPI of 28 with Wins USC, ASU and UA
RPI of 33 with wins USC, ASU,and Cal

2-5 finish
RPI of 37 with Wins USC and ASU
RPI of 36 with wins ASU and UA

1-6 finish
RPI of 46 with wins versus ASU or USC

0-7 finish
RPI of 55

7-0 finish
RPI of 8

So there is a new analyzer. I would say it is about 70% accurate. But here is what our RPI would be based on different scenarios:
3-4 finish
RPI of 28 with Wins USC, ASU and UA
RPI of 33 with wins USC, ASU,and Cal

2-5 finish
RPI of 37 with Wins USC and ASU
RPI of 36 with wins ASU and UA

1-6 finish
RPI of 46 with wins versus ASU or USC

0-7 finish
RPI of 55

7-0 finish
RPI of 8

Thanks.

My only concern with this is I would assume that it probably doesn't account for things like OSU being in freefall.

Thanks.

My only concern with this is I would assume that it probably doesn't account for things like OSU being in freefall.

yes it doesn't. For some reason the predictive models have not caught up with that and have OSU favored in all their remaining games except @ISU

but their remaining schedule isn't terrible:

oklahoma
@Baylor
Tech
@TCU
Kansas
Kansas ST
@Iowa State

For example Baylor, who also sucks now are only favored in 3 of their 5 remaining games. And if anyone is interested you can check it out here:

http://www.rpiforecast.com/

They're not turning away a 21 win team with a winning Pac record and a strong OOC. They just aren't.

yea, I'm not going to be too worried if we go 3-4 the rest of the way, although if that's followed up by a first-round loss in the conference tourney we could be looking at playing on Tuesday or Wednesday in the ridiculous "first round" gimmick that now exists.

yea, I'm not going to be too worried if we go 3-4 the rest of the way, although if that's followed up by a first-round loss in the conference tourney we could be looking at playing on Tuesday or Wednesday in the ridiculous "first round" gimmick that now exists.
If we finish 3-5, especially if we lose the last four games (Utah, Cal schools, and first round), I'd be concerned. Say what you want about the first round "gimmick," it gives us a bigger margin for error.

Back