What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs fought hard

It opens up so much really, we could get plenty of single looks outside and inside. We aren't a finished product but we'll get there.

Good point, catching it is just a part of the process too. Certain times, you have to get into blocking mode too. Run or pass, it doesn't matter.

Those things are rocket science.
No it's not pron man, just regular work. As long as you work on situation and style enough, you just do it and thinking doesn't really enter it. Only time it does is when you know somebody is about to feed your helmet to you, see that beforehand though. It's better than not seeing it, that hurts the worst. You get up and don't know where the **** you are. You get the point, tend to end up on the wrong sideline then, that **** isn't fun.

I am really having trouble understanding how the solution to playcalling "struggles" is to put the ball in the hands of the weakest area on the entire team. Also, essentially establishing some weird new offensive identity halfway through the season. Like saying we really need to give our running backs more carries.

Play to strengths and it ends up being 8ish wins on the season.

Not what I'm saying, can't speak for anyone else. I don't care about the amount of runs but different. Do it by formation etc. Everyone knows we'll throw, just sneak in a few things. Balance as much as you can in this system, it's not impossible.

Hey VK, did you try to float an alter-ego past the mods as you were fond of doing on buffzone? DrivebyPoster didn't last long now did it.

I am really having trouble understanding how the solution to playcalling "struggles" is to put the ball in the hands of the weakest area on the entire team. Also, essentially establishing some weird new offensive identity halfway through the season. Like saying we really need to give our running backs more carries.

Play to strengths and it ends up being 8ish wins on the season.

Agree. What is unfortunate, though, is that the defense USC played last week left a big opening to a TE who could outrun a LB on the seam.

. I recall Foreman failing to catch a Montez pass at Michigan. Chris Hill grabbed a catch against OSU. Otherwise the TE production has been rare. Is that primarily due to play calling, offensive design, or personnel?
You misspelled Ali....

And I thought Ernie Shavers played well at the OLB spot.

All I mean as far as TE play is make them a threat. Make it something they have to account for. I know we don't have D Graham on the team any more. I don't care really who fits that roll, promise it will help with everything on offense. Keep him in to block then slip into the flat, seam is a good call as well. It'll open it up for receivers too. Other words, make their D decide what to. Advantage is to the O in that situation.

Back