What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs in the NFL Combine

Tupou needs to lose a little weight and improve his quickness. He will be drafted - he can play in either the 3-4 or the 4-3. I think Sefo is likely to be undrafted unless he really stands out in the combine. He disappointed in the Senior Bowl. This year the QB talent falls off quickly in the Draft.
This isn't just about getting drafted. Teams will see him up close that never would have otherwise. This is a great opportunity.

This isn't just about getting drafted. Teams will see him up close that never would have otherwise. This is a great opportunity.

In many cases a guy is better of not getting drafted than he is getting drafted in the 6th or 7th round. If multiple teams want him he gets a better signing bonus and he gets to pick the best situation for him.

Only negative is that if he is marginal for making the roster or even the practice squad a lot of teams will give a draft choice the benefit of a doubt because they don't want to look like they have wasted draft choices (not pointing at Denver for an example, cough, cough.)

Outside of the back end of the 7th round, it is almost always better to get drafted. If he somehow snuck into the 6th round, he would (rightfully) be pumped.

Only negative is that if he is marginal for making the roster or even the practice squad a lot of teams will give a draft choice the benefit of a doubt because they don't want to look like they have wasted draft choices (not pointing at Denver for an example, cough, cough.)
Good one, Mtn. The Broncos haven't been shy about cutting late round draft picks, nor have they been shy about letting early to mid round picks walk after the initial contract. They definitely give preference to guys they took with premium picks, but so does every team.

Good one, Mtn. The Broncos haven't been shy about cutting late round draft picks, nor have they been shy about letting early to mid round picks walk after the initial contract. They definitely give preference to guys they took with premium picks, but so does every team.

Broncos have been willing to cut late picks but they have also had a history of trying to keep them around at least a year, even if on the practice squad. Being a draft choice doesn't guarantee a spot on the team but with many teams including the Broncos it helps, still have to be able to play to stick though.

I remember a certain sixth round pick that did pretty well. Tupou will get looks. Whether he gets drafted or not, no idea?

IMO Sefo's accuracy has always been in direct correlation with his injury status. That foot problem caused the ball to sink or sail so many times, I think our baseline for his abilities took a heavy hit over the last few years. I'd like to think that a healthy Sefo has better tools that we remember as a Buff.

IMO Sefo's accuracy has always been in direct correlation with his injury status. That foot problem caused the ball to sink or sail so many times, I think our baseline for his abilities took a heavy hit over the last few years. I'd like to think that a healthy Sefo has better tools that we remember as a Buff.
It's a combination of injuries and mechanics imho. Work with him and maybe he'll surprise some team. All it takes is one to believe in you.

I think his durability may end up being the biggest question mark about him.

I think his durability may end up being the biggest question mark about him.
We're not talking Tony Romo, though - he got up from a whole lot of hits. But he did have some hard miles on the chassis while he was a Buff.

When he was playing uninjured thsi year, his acccuracy was very good.
They kept showing his front leg angle affecting the release point of hte ball. When he's injured the ball sails or goes short, when he's not, he's spot
on and has the power to make every throw.

I don't think he'll be a starter right away, but I'd love if he could get on anywhere. I will instantly follow the team that takes him.

I'd love to hear Sefo to Spruce in Los Angeles again, personally...and I"m not a Rams fan.

When he was playing uninjured thsi year, his acccuracy was very good.
They kept showing his front leg angle affecting the release point of hte ball. When he's injured the ball sails or goes short, when he's not, he's spot
on and has the power to make every throw.

I don't think he'll be a starter right away, but I'd love if he could get on anywhere. I will instantly follow the team that takes him.

I'd love to hear Sefo to Spruce in Los Angeles again, personally...and I"m not a Rams fan.
I would rate his arm strength as very average. Certainly not in the same class as Montez.

Sefo is throwing to the running backs right now and he keeps throwing behind the runners. Not looking sharp and is causing the receiving backs to miss the throws.

Last edited:
He will get drafted in the 6th or 7th is my guess. Most outlets have him as that kind of grade, and somewhere between 11-13th best QB in the draft. There are plenty of QB coaches out there who will look at Sefo as a guy they can mold and "fix" when it comes to his throwing mechanics and accuracy issues on certain throws, but can't find his toughness, heart, physical stature, leadership, etc. I think he brings everything that people loved about Tebow, but with far better throwing mechanics and passing ability (albeit still not up to NFL standards yet), and that's why someone will spend a late round flyer on him.

So he'll win five Super Bowl then.

Sefo is throwing to the running backs right now and he keeps throwing behind the runners. Not looking sharp and is the receiving backs miss the throws.

That is Sefo. It did not take him getting hurt for his throws to hit the dirt 5 yards in front of a receiver and he consistently threw behind his targets his entire career, even when healthy. He also did not throw to the right side of the field or short dump passes over the middle with accuracy. What is uncanny is his ability to throw DEEP down the left sideline with accuracy. He made up for a lot of those inconsistent poor throws to targets by throwing long TD's passes seemingly twice a game or more. That won't do in the NFL. But man, his toughness was special - he was a great QB during this transition at CU, he showed leadership and toughness at a time when there was little of either.

It was very obvious that Sefo did not prepare for the combine hard enough, or he is not fully healed!!!
He was the least athletic QB at the combine, and with his inaccuracy there is no chance he even gets invited to a training camp. I think all the scout are pretty much on to what he is, and there are many more talented QB's to help fill those spots.
I think that he volunteered to throw to the RB's and TE's so that he could be around the coaches and the drills. That is a huge responsibility and he may have cost some guys some money by missing them or hanging them out to dry. I see him becoming a coach.
I appreciate his efforts, but it is obvious that we will be upgrading that position, and with the overall talent on offense, I see a complete reversal of last year where the O props up the D, instead of the D propping up the O. Honestly, all three QB's on the roster right now are more talented by a wide margin. They just need to get the experience and determine which one has the "IT" factor.

We were so spoiled by guys like Awuzie, Sefo, and Lindsay. Guys like them don't come around often

Back