What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs sign Aussie kicker! James Stefanou

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member

2017NSD_TEMPLATE1_16x9.jpg

Former Australian professional soccer player signs with Buffs as a kicker
Mike MacIntyre announced Tuesday that the Buffaloes have signed placekicker James Stefanou out of Australia to a National Letter of Intent.

Stefanou, a 6-1, 187-pound native of Melbourne, Australia, will have five years to complete his four seasons of eligibility with the Buffaloes beginning in the fall of 2017.

"James has a big leg," MacIntyre said. "We are excited about having him, he is an excellent kicker and he will have a great career here at the University of Colorado."

Stefanou has trained periodically over the course of the past six seasons at ProKick Australia, an academy developed to assist in the transition to American football by providing the fundamentals of punting and kicking. Alumni of the academy include the last four Ray Guy Award Winners; Tom Hornsey of Memphis in 2013, Tom Hackett of Utah in 2014 and 2015 and Mitch Wishnowsky of Utah in 2016.

Read more... http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2017/3/14/football-buffs-sign-australian-kicker-james-stefanou.aspx

I could give a **** how old he is if he can make fgs. That bs shouldn't matter. Hell, he was a professional so I'm guessing conduct shouldn't be an issue.

So I assume he's on a scholly? How come we never recruited one during the normal signing period?

Sweet, sounds like we did our due diligence based on who I'd been hearing about several weeks back (this sounds far better, FWIW). Don't care about age so long as he puts it between the goalposts.

Back