What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Buffs vs TCU - Sept 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember how he always had a hot coed towel girl following him around during every game? Creep.

hi5Ok3Zg.jpg

FW HSs are planning for the heat.
They mention sideline coolers - is the home team required to give the visitors as much cooling equipment as they have? If not, we should be contracting for fans, cooling enclosures, whatever.

In the end, this has nothing to do with whether the players and coaches want to play in the heat.
It has everything to do with liability.
If your NFL-bound 18 year-old died of heat stroke, because they played at over 105, you would sue for $100 million, and might just get it.

They mention sideline coolers - is the home team required to give the visitors as much cooling equipment as they have? If not, we should be contracting for fans, cooling enclosures, whatever.

In the end, this has nothing to do with whether the players and coaches want to play in the heat.
If your NFL-bound 18 year-old died of heat stroke, because they played at over 105, you would sue for $100 million, and might just get it.

I do agree with you that they should be bringing or contracting to provide sideline shade for the benches, misters, fans, etc. All players should also be getting IVs for hydration the night before and in the morning.

I am pretty sure the home team has to provide equal equipment, for lack of a better word, to the visiting team.

I am pretty sure the home team has to provide equal equipment, for lack of a better word, to the visiting team.
I believe this is correct, at least at the NFL level. Away team can bring whatever the hell they want, but home team has to provide equal equipment for the visitors.

Reactions: DBT
Looking at the TCU offense, there looks to be similarities in the WR & RB rooms:

TCU's 3 deep for WR has 7 transfers this year and 2 remaining players. The best returning starter, Savion Williams, looks similar to Javon Antonio. Most other transfers look to have similar attributes to the WR CU had transfer in.
TCU's RB room has several transfers, including Trey Sanders from Alabama. They will get back Corey Wren who transfered to TCU from FSU in 2022. The best returning back was 4th in rushing yards, but averaged 8.1 per carry.

The big difference between the O's is the OL and QB

TCU QB feels like a JAG. He did win the start last year, but wasn't all that impressive in the CU game last year. Now he has a new system (3rd in 4 years), and it is hard to predict if his skill set transfers to the Briles system. Sheduer has a much better skill set and better overall talent.

TCU OL looks better at the start. The returning LT is on a lot of watch lists and getting high praise.The center has good experience and is on the Rimington watch list. The RT was Big XII honorable mention. It looks like they are trying to fill in the guard positions. There is some experience there, and they added Patrick Willis from Jackson State. The CU OL is two returning players, three transfers, and a limited time to get them all on the same page.

Both teams have new offenses, and the TCU OL coach said in an interview that the Briles system is completely different than last years. I think this levels the playing field as well since both teams will probably have first game/new system errors.

The net result would do you take a mediocre QB & a good OL, or do you go with a good QB & a mediocre OL

I'm concerned about our ability to stop the run against TCU. Their OL is proven, they will establish the ground game. Our interior defensive line and middle linebackers will need to be at their best to slow them down.

This is the main reason that I think the game would be close. Adding in the factors of temperature and being an away game, it's not going to be an easy task.

I'm concerned about our ability to stop the run against TCU. Their OL is proven, they will establish the ground game. Our interior defensive line and middle linebackers will need to be at their best to slow them down.

This is the main reason that I think the game would be close. Adding in the factors of temperature and being an away game, it's not going to be an easy task.
They return their Tackles who are solid players, but lost all three of their interior guys from last year. They are replacing them with older guys who don’t have a lot of experience and Willis Patrick, who transferred in from Jackson State.

Their OL will be as much of a work in progress as CU’s will

Can we get a roll call for which of you idots will be at the game, as well as the pre-game festivities? May have an interesting opportunity to share 🤔
Yeah it’s a very simple process. All you gotta do is ask, like you’ve done here, and then a 1* Mod will reply telling you to start your own ****ing roll call thread you lazy bitch.

Looking at the TCU offense, there looks to be similarities in the WR & RB rooms:

TCU's 3 deep for WR has 7 transfers this year and 2 remaining players. The best returning starter, Savion Williams, looks similar to Javon Antonio. Most other transfers look to have similar attributes to the WR CU had transfer in.
TCU's RB room has several transfers, including Trey Sanders from Alabama. They will get back Corey Wren who transfered to TCU from FSU in 2022. The best returning back was 4th in rushing yards, but averaged 8.1 per carry.

The big difference between the O's is the OL and QB

TCU QB feels like a JAG. He did win the start last year, but wasn't all that impressive in the CU game last year. Now he has a new system (3rd in 4 years), and it is hard to predict if his skill set transfers to the Briles system. Sheduer has a much better skill set and better overall talent.

TCU OL looks better at the start. The returning LT is on a lot of watch lists and getting high praise.The center has good experience and is on the Rimington watch list. The RT was Big XII honorable mention. It looks like they are trying to fill in the guard positions. There is some experience there, and they added Patrick Willis from Jackson State. The CU OL is two returning players, three transfers, and a limited time to get them all on the same page.

Both teams have new offenses, and the TCU OL coach said in an interview that the Briles system is completely different than last years. I think this levels the playing field as well since both teams will probably have first game/new system errors.

The net result would do you take a mediocre QB & a good OL, or do you go with a good QB & a mediocre OL

Good post. Not to be a stick in the mud, but I'd take the Frog's J.P. Richardson (Okie State), JoJo Earle (Alabama), and Savion Williams over any CU WRs except Hunter, and it remains to be seen how much 2-way he plays in that heat. Savion Williams at 6'5", 225, is similar in size to Javon Antonio but has 3 years of P5 experience at TCU with 29 catches for 392 yds and 4 TDs off the bench last year. The TCU TE goes 6'7", 260 and had 4 TDs last year off of 24 catches. Transferred from Texas in 2021.

I agree with your OL comments.

The past is the past and sometimes metrics aren't predictive, but these are some of the things that are causing the bet number to be what it is. The ringer, as you and others point out, is the QB Chandler Morris. He still seems to get a lot of respect from the sportswriters and analysts but If he craps the nest it could be a a game.

The Frog defense was terrible last year (408 yds per game) and they return 7 starters. Good thing or bad? Who knows. One CB and one Safety are really good. The Buff defense is also a question mark until it's not. Indications are that TCU aims to play fast, not unlike CU.

Gun to Head prediction: I don't like the game as a bet but if forced to I'd bet (medium size, not big) that CU beats that 20.5 number but loses the game. +21 would be better. Haven't looked forward to an opener this much in a long time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back