What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Build it, and they will come.

777BuffFan

Disappointed again to see so much talent go to other schools. But, not hard to see how the checkered history of Buff Football fails to attract top tier players. Hope springs eternal, hoping that KD can establish a winning identity and stability to go with the stunning atmosphere.

Recruiting will pick up if we have a winning program. The facilities help, but also got to do more to fight home sickness, recruits got to feel more welcomed on campus. Also got to look at the degrees offered at CU.

We haven’t had a good to great qb in going on 20 years. Baylor didn’t matter until rg3 did. Dorrell’s #1 task should be to find and develop a difference maker under center. Until then we’ll be stuck in this cycle of suck and not getting premium recruits.

For the life of me, can’t understand how it’s been so hard to sell Boulder/CU by these coaches.

Yes, 60th nationally and 9th in the PAC is a recipe for stagnation and mediocrity. Come on Dorell. Don’t be like your predecessors. Get assistants that can recruit, or you won’t last!

Same CU. Mediocre recruiting, mediocre results. Terrible job but I'm sure it's all about next year. Just put BS after cu it fits perfectly.

It's an exciting time since CU could be one of those go to schools for transfers who already proved that they can deal with the pressures of being a student athlete as opposed to five star recruits straight out of high school that ended up being incapable of handling those same pressures.

Just ask Tad Boyle about how that worked out for him especially Derrick White coming from D2 UCCS.

We DID build it. They're still not coming ...

View attachment 43037
I'm having this discussion on 247 right now. Apparently Oregon State received a $45m donation to the AD. It is being spent on a partial stadium renovation, which I'm sure it was ear marked for in the first place, but I just said the best ROI for a large donation would be to invest in the assistant coach salary pool. For some reason that's a controversial take among the people over on that board, as they believe that's a zero return on investment and investing in facilities is how you recruit better.

I see recruiting as a some combination of being a good salesperson and being able to understand what motivates a given 17yo and his parents. I'm a little surprised we don't see more coaches and recruiting coordinators coming from sales or psychological backgrounds.

I can understand the desire for some substantial stadium renovations. The game day experience at Folsom is lacking in a lot of areas. That said, I’ve been to other supposedly “nicer” stadiums and frankly, we really aren’t that far behind. Oregon has nice facilities but in all honesty, they really aren’t that much better than what we have. At a certain point, you reach a point of diminishing returns in that kind of thing. Long story short, I agree we need to be investing in high level recruiters. As much as I’d love to have chairbacks and cup holders and a nice clean renovated West side, those things can wait. Let’s get our **** together on the staff first.

I can understand the desire for some substantial stadium renovations. The game day experience at Folsom is lacking in a lot of areas. That said, I’ve been to other supposedly “nicer” stadiums and frankly, we really aren’t that far behind. Oregon has nice facilities but in all honesty, they really aren’t that much better than what we have. At a certain point, you reach a point of diminishing returns in that kind of thing. Long story short, I agree we need to be investing in high level recruiters. As much as I’d love to have chairbacks and cup holders and a nice clean renovated West side, those things can wait. Let’s get our **** together on the staff first.
Agree. Ask Bronco fans how they feel about seat backs, cup holders and individual urinals instead of troughs while watching a losing product.

I don't see what else there needs to be done with Folsom Field after the Champions Center. It seems like the west side renovations would be up next or will that be the bowling in of the NW seats? If so, I think there needs to be another deck of seats in that area...just not like the newer seats in the NE corner.

As long as we move away from scheduling FCS and G5 schools for non-conference games, we should see solid crowds at Folsom Field. There are still so many P5 schools that haven't visited Folsom Field and fans from those schools would want to check out Colorado and see Ralphie run. Even our former Big 12 rival fans are wanting to go back even 10 years later according to posts on Reddit.

Back