1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burks, Dre, and the Mayor.

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by sackman, Apr 26, 2014.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

That's three NBA players in four years for CU/Tad. Unprecedented. Looking at the remaining players on the roster, Scott will probably be next. I don't get the impression that he will leave after next year, but he could. He has a skill set that is unusual in the NBA.

This is really heady stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I'm not sure if I'm sold on Scott as an NBA talent.

3. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Maybe not. Big men who can score and shoot free throws are a pretty rare commodity, though.

4. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

I think Josh Scott is someone that probably goes in the mid to late 2nd round his senior year. His lack of athletic ability will be a problem in the NBA. There is probably a 4th NBA talent on the team but it is really anyone's guess who it is. Some believe it is Wesley Gordon if he can become a more confident offensive player. Jaron Hopkins certainly has the length and athletic ability to be a NBA talent. He needs to refine his ball handling and shooting ability for sure, tho.

5. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

I really hope The Mayor goes in the 1st round. Not only for his sake, but to give coach 3 first round picks in 4 years, all of whom were 3* guys on rivals. That sort of thing should get the attention of recruits.

6. NBDefektor

NBDefektor Well-Known Member

Sorry if I'm losing my mind, but I'm also too lazy to research it. Of the guys those three guys that have gone on to the NBA, Boyle only recruited Dinwiddie, right?

7. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Dre was the first guy he recruited to CU, AFAIK.

8. RealMatSmith

RealMatSmith Member

LOL Josh Scott's an NBA Player...he's a great 4. Just needs a little time to bulk up and refine his game. The one downside is his lack of elite athleticism. We'll see how much development he'll make in the upcoming summer and should be able to know by the fall if we are looking at this year or next.

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

It's for me to imagine that a guy who was the best big in the PAC-12 as a sophomore wouldn't be thought of as a future NBA player... especially by his fans.

WasianCU likes this.
  10. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Not necessarily elite athleticism, but just athleticism in general. I'd imagine he would be a way below average athlete in the NBA

11. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

Josh is an nba calibre player because he's very skilled. There's no one less athletic than Zach Randolph, and he's into his 2nd decade in the league.

12. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Lack of athleticism for him as a 4 is certainly an issue, but he's got an NBA career ahead of him.

13. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

He will make up for his lack of athleticism with above average fundamentals, footwork and the ability to think plays through