What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butch Jones calls player a "traitor" for standing up for woman raped by teammates

If there is a bunch of public outcry, he could be in trouble. Another thing is though, this is supposed to be their breakout year. The right thing isn't always focused upon over football down there.

Seeing a lot of UT fans defend Jones and make excuses for him is kind of disgusting. Although not unexpected at that school.

Wow. That was quick. So, is he fired or just relieved of coaching duties pending a hearing?

Exactly, that's why I don't think he isn't fired already because this is supposed to be their year to make noise.

SEC, SEC, SEC

Proving yet again, there is no depth too low to be plumbed in search of FB success.

I'm stunned. Really. I thought that someone at Tenn would take this seriously. They must have a pretty big broom and rug somewhere in the athletic department.

I'm wondering if this was really Hart's only move given the circumstances.

If everything that has been alleged is true and the culture inside the AD includes repeated sexual assaults and even cover-ups, then Butch wouldn't be the only one with his job on the line, Hart would be a goner too. The "traitor" allegation against Butch probably can never be proved, so Hart may have figured his only chance at saving his job was to take the position he did.

It's slimy all around.

This is supposed to be Tennessee's year. They return 17 starters that was close to playing in the SEC championship game. They're 15-1 favorites to win the national championship, behind only 5 other teams (Alabama, Oklahoma, Clemson, Baylor, tOSU). I'm guessing if this was a rebuilding year, Tennessee might have gone the other way on this.

I'm wondering if this was really Hart's only move given the circumstances.

If everything that has been alleged is true and the culture inside the AD includes repeated sexual assaults and even cover-ups, then Butch wouldn't be the only one with his job on the line, Hart would be a goner too. The "traitor" allegation against Butch probably can never be proved, so Hart may have figured his only chance at saving his job was to take the position he did.

It's slimy all around.

I was going to post something similar.

Firing Jones at this point would be to admit that at least part of what is being alleged in the suit is true, which would have more implications than just firing the football coach.

Sad, but that's the world we live in.

I was going to post something similar.

Firing Jones at this point would be to admit that at least part of what is being alleged in the suit is true, which would have more implications than just firing the football coach.

Sad, but that's the world we live in.

I think thats a stretch because its already at the lawyers and deposition phase.

What were talking about here is character; firing someone who is in a position of leadership for taking the path of dishonor rather than taking the high road. If proven to the be the situation, and because of his high profile role at UT, he could be fired for cause because he embarrassed the university. A kid that decided to follow the rule of law and do the right and honorable thing and cooperate with the law should not be called names or punished.

And even though the kid said it in a deposition doesn't necessarily make it true. He is after all no longer at UT.

Jones statement could also have been taken out of context. He might have gotten mad and snapped and blurted it out (TRAITOR!) before he knew the whole story or gravity of the situation. But its lines like that that get into the media.

Back