What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butch Jones Decision Day Thread

stuart-smalley-posters2-247x300.jpg

I was more picturing this
Lombardi_Vince1_original.jpg

Evidently, Butch is still thinking about the CU job. A eeeee S Peeee in article quoted Butch in his presser, "I'm still the coach here at Cincy" And if anyone asks me another question about my job status, then this news conference is over.

Touchy isn't he?

that happened at 11AM today, who knows what is on his mind at this moment

Well, we'll never know. Assuming he stays (seeming more and more likely as each minute passes), he will hold a presser stating that he still has work to do at Cinci, and that his heart is there and blah, blah, blah. He's not going to come out and say "well, I thought it over and I think the situation at Colorado is a disaster, and the media there that covers the team is largely made up of former players who have spoken very vehemently about their displeasure that the former coach was dismissed. I just don't want to step into that kind of situation".

Just don't see them attacking the future coach. But could happen. They'll keep targeting Bohn. And if MB doesn't close this deal, they'll turn rabid.

This may be somewhere on the board already but what are uc players tweeting right now?

With the time difference Maybe they are waiting for people to go to bed and then announce he is coming here. Got to think positive. Right?

I'm on allbuffs all the time, but never post, but have to say something about this situation. There's something that really bothers me about the time Jones is taking. All this discussion about moving three kids and family and leaving a team that has committed to you -- that's all well and good, but you have that conversation with your family BEFORE you entertain offers, not after. He's not being fair to our school, the student-athletes he met here, Bohn, and most importantly, his own team. You go or you stay. You don't do this. It certainly doesn't make me confident in his decision-making process.

And also, that press conference he had this morning was a laughable charade.

It was most likely his agent who released the offer terms to get a stronger counter-offer from UC or Purdue.

FWIW, friend of a friend told me this today.

Trace Armstrong is Jones' agent. I was told today that Armstrong and George Solich have know each other for years and that they had been speaking prior to Embree officially being fired.

I'm on allbuffs all the time, but never post, but have to say something about this situation. There's something that really bothers me about the time Jones is taking. All this discussion about moving three kids and family and leaving a team that has committed to you -- that's all well and good, but you have that conversation with your family BEFORE you entertain offers, not after. He's not being fair to our school, the student-athletes he met here, Bohn, and most importantly, his own team. You go or you stay. You don't do this. It certainly doesn't make me confident in his decision-making process.

And also, that press conference he had this morning was a laughable charade.

Hiding behind the food service cart because he was ticked about pics at Purdue was retarded and a big red flag IMO. Everybody knows what your up to - own it.

Did someone say he was going to decide today? I mean is there an official timeline. IF, he has already accepted the job then is there an official timeline of when it's going to be announced? I mean, other than the CU and UC fanbase wanting to know, the schools can make an announcement when THEY decide is an appropriate time.

Did someone say he was going to decide today? I mean is there an official timeline. IF, he has already accepted the job then is there an official timeline of when it's going to be announced? I mean, other than the CU and UC fanbase wanting to know, the schools can make an announcement when THEY decide is an appropriate time.

His agent was quoted in the Post saying the decision would be made by Tuesday.

His agent.

The real loser here is Cincy. If he stays at UC, Jones went on 2 interviews during a good year. So if you keep winning, he's gone. Or you start losing. Either way, he's not staying long-term.

At least we can move on. They would have to live with someone who has cold feet.

Reed reported in chat that Jones told Bohn/Solich "yes" yesterday while he was at CU.

Now 24 hours later he is backing out on his affirmation.

Reed reported in chat that Jones told Bohn/Solich "yes" yesterday while he was at CU.

Now 24 hours later he is backing out on his affirmation.

Would've been nice if there had been a pen in his hand and a contract in front of him when he said that.

Well, maybe his agent was talking out of his arse. or at the time Butch said he'll give them an answer but now would like more time to see if UC will counteroffer, or maybe he's did accept but just aren't ready to make it public yet. Frustrating I understand, but there are so many other things to focus on, like CU vs CSewe basketball.

That Cincy reporter said he expected BJ to announce he's staying at UC in the next 24-48 hours... The real alarming part of that to me is that someone is under the impression that this could stretch out another 48 hours. I hope Mike Bohn and Co. didn't tell him to take all the time he needs. Every coaching prospect in America will have a job in 48 hours.

If he's waiting on saying yes to CU: it's because of family issues, and assistants.

If he's waiting on saying yes to UC: it's because of money.

It's more likely he's waiting on saying yes to CU because of family issues.

That Cincy reporter said he expected BJ to announce he's staying at UC in the next 24-48 hours... The real alarming part of that to me is that someone is under the impression that this could stretch out another 48 hours. I hope Mike Bohn and Co. didn't tell him to take all the time he needs. Every coaching prospect in America will have a job in 48 hours.

agree. we need to save a least a smidge of face here. give him until 10 pm tonight else retract the offer publicly, and announce the intent to interview others.

God I hope the offer from CU expires before 48 hours,midnight tonight is reasonable,not later than 9am tomorrow.He's not Vince ****ing Lombardi

48 hrs, then offer the next guy. Oh well, Bohn should start calling the agents of the alternates for interviews set-ups.

When has Bohn ever demonstrated any level of competence when it comes to finding a football coach?

Considering how public he was with his pursuit of Jones, I doubt he even has a backup plan.

agree. we need to save a least a smidge of face here. give him until 10 pm tonight else retract the offer publicly, and announce the intent to interview others.

You don't go out and announce that the guy turned you down. Have you ever seen a school do this? You simply start interviewing other people and move on. You will not hear bad news out of Dal Ward.

Back