1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buzz gets recruit thanks to Hawkins

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by NashBuff, Sep 22, 2009.

1. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_13391101

We ought to give RSSBot the pink slip for not posting that in the CU Newsroom (unless I'm half blind).

Sounds like a good pickup especially when you have the best basketball player from a state like Missouri which has two large metropolian areas which means they should have some good basketball players from there. Alec Burks, the recruit in this story, committed to CU after CU's win over WVU at Folsom Field.

Can Burks be the next Richard Roby? Only time will tell!

2. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

If Burks can be anything like Roby was as a freshman it will give this team a huge lift. HUGE! During Roby's freshman season we all thought he would be gone after his sophomore year(almost was). And we all cried thinking of what could have been if Harrison and that PG Lasme had stuck around that season.

Whether the football team is good or bad, it's alway about now I can't wait for hoops season to start. :thumbsup:

3. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

yeah, what gives with the bot? i saw that article earlier today and then forgot to post it.

4. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

The football team struggling really has pushed me towards a basketball craze sooner than anticipated.