1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C-UNiT made the grade. Top 22

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by fatbuff, Mar 7, 2013.

1. fatbuff

fatbuff Well-Known Member

2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Congrats to the student section!

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Allsome.

4. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

From the ESPN article on the Ore game:

"[Jeremy] Adams' thunderous dunk early in the second half gave the Buffs a 52-29 lead and brought the capacity crowd to its feet. So loud were the fans that Oregon players went on playing right through an official's whistle for a timeout."

Hells yes! Great job by the C-Unit

5. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Congrats C-Unit

(p.s. Couple weird ones in there. Auburn? Cal?)

6. BuffHerd

BuffHerd Club Member Club Member

So proud of C-Unit and how they have embraced their role in this program.

7. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

The Cal fan picture explained a lot about our recent exchange program with bearinsider (I'm looking at you, "N").

8. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Student section was awesome last night

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

It's such a far cry from 4 years ago.

The team was so under-manned in '08-'09 that Jermyl Jackson-Cartwright was our lone "big" at 6'6". Our crowd, including the C-Unit, was worse than our team.

10. CVilleBuff

The turning point was KSU in January 2010. We lost a close one, but that was the day the Keg started to become hostile, IMO

11. Uncle Ken

That night the Manhattan chapter of Hell's Wildcats had their way. Tonight, it's my turn.

12. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Was that the night the refs called about 100 fouls and made it a 4 hour hoops game? If that's the one you're talking about, I remember thinking we had them and then it got to the point where they had a 2nd line of frontcourt players they could roll in once everyone was in foul trouble.

13. CVilleBuff

Yup, that's the one. Must have been 50 fouls called, but the crowd was hostile and fired up. First sign of a hostile, truly loud keg after the nightmarish 4k crowds that preceded that. Thankfully we settled the score with KSU the next season with the 3-sweep

14. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

Didn't Boyle buy tickets for students to get them to come to the games in the first year he was here? Another golden move by the guy with all kind of golden moves!

15. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

I still have my light yellow C-Unit shirt from 2005, I paid like $10, wasn't school sponsored. Wonder if that will be a collectors item in a few years? There can't be more than 100 of them, maybe even 50?

The student section has come along way from the days when a few hundred attended in many cases attended non-KU conference games.

16. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

I believe he bought the tickets for the NIT for the students, so that we would have a huge section during our home stand

17. CUnit

CUnit Member

Certainly happy to be seeing our name listed. It was just 2 seasons ago that we were fighting to keep the name “C-Unit.” It has been absolutely great to build a strong a long-lasting relationship with the athletic department - even though we had to give up some ground to make it more inclusive and family friendly. We certainly couldn’t be doing any of this without the success of the team on the floor or the support from Allbuffs and BuffNation everywhere. In our humble opinion we are the best student section in the country and the KEG on any given night is the toughest place to play in the country. Our goal is to provide an unmatched environment in college basketball so that we can make a run to win a national championship. Its about time we brought another one of those back to Boulder.

18. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

You all are definitely coming into your own as a respected and fear fan section. Just by the reaction of the ASU players alone you can tell the CUnit is starting to earn quite the reputation. With Tad here I think the goal of a national championship could happen in our future. CEC is truly a special place to watch a basketball game and it is mostly due to you guys. I can't wait to see you represent in Vegas next week.

19. J-R-K

J-R-K Well-Known Member

Speaking as a current member of the "C-Unit," the name needs to go. It's stupid and unnecessarily ghetto. Were the naming duties outsourced to Vanilla Ice and Eminem?

20. Uncle Ken

You should post more--it makes me feel good about myself. Much like reading the letters to the editor in People magazine.

21. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

"Unnecessarily ghetto" is a phrase that should be used more.

22. Uncle Ken

It's true that some things are necessarily ghetto, but that's only in the mo-nin.

23. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

ymssr

24. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

There was a thread on alternative names for the C-Unit.

I was partial to The Keg Stand, but I understand that doesn't send the right, wholesome message. Neither does "Ralphie's Box".

"5,430 Feet of Pain" "No 02" and "Hype-oxia" were considered too esoteric.

So C-UNiT sort of stuck and is mildly endearing yet edgy in a Betsy Hoffman sort of way.

Since the Buffs are not heading to the NIT this year, maybe the name should morph to something like "CU Madness", or "The CU Bracket" for this month.

25. BoomNog

BoomNog Club Member Club Member

I was involved with the upper levels of C-UNIT by proxy while that debate was going on. The resounding favorite was "Buffalo Soldiers" but CU's marketing department shut it down because they were worried some people would get offended. Which is dumb cause that name is awesome.

26. CUSoldier

CUSoldier New Member

When we created the veteran organization on campus we originally wanted to name it Buffalo Soldiers but the administration felt it may be offensive, so we stuck with a tried and true acronym.

27. BoomNog

BoomNog Club Member Club Member

Sounds like they're just haters.