1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call me paranoid (Pugh & Poole)

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

It's making me real damn nervous that neither Makiri Pugh nor Dakota Poole is listed on the official roster. Plus, neither has had an official announcement about him.

Supposedly the roster CU handed out for Big 12 media days included Pugh, so what gives?

And Hawk denied it when Ringo asked him about Poole, so what's up with that?

Someone please talk me off the ledge.

2. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

It's August 5th ...

... no arrests, no reports of injuries, and the Buffs are undefeated! :thumbsup:

3. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

:woot: we're undefeated!!

4. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

i'll drink to that!

5. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

You want paranoid??

Travon Patterson wasn't practicing today b/c of "paperwork"

6. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

he graduated college, from usc. i think he is ok.

7. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

Ya, Adam over at Rivals said it's just a formality.. still makes me cringe any time we hear the word paperwork

8. Buff_since76

Buff_since76 Still a fan... Club Member

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  9. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Did he get his AA?

10. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

He got his undergraduate degree. He graduated. From an accredited four year university. He still has one year of eligibility. I suspect the paperwork involved has something to do with him enrolling in the graduate program here.

11. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

Brooks article today notes that he will graduate in December, from CU. :huh:

12. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

:lol: I was kidding man.

13. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Well if that's true, then I totally misunderstood the info on him. I thought he had graduated from USC. Similar to how Sumler graduated from CU, but still has a year of eligibility left, so went off to... Where did he go off to?

14. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Relief

15. boulder77

boulder77 Certified Organic Club Member

Pac-10 Holding Up Travon, not CU

"Wide receiver Travon Patterson was not able to participate in the first practice of Colorado fall camp on Thursday after his former school, Southern California, and the Pac-10 Conference raised questions about his transfer to CU. Patterson, a senior, was allowed to leave USC last month after the NCAA put that program on probation for major rules violations. The NCAA supplied a waiver to all USC juniors and seniors allowing them to transfer without having to sit out the customary year.
    However, sources said USC and the Pac-10 questioned whether Patterson should be allowed to transfer to CU, which joined the conference in June but won't compete in the league until 2011 or 2012.
    The concern over Patterson coming to CU is curious because he is a senior who won't be at CU when the Buffs actually begin competing in the Pac-10. However, the league is apparently concerned over applying its transfer rules consistently to all members regardless of their membership status. Pac-10 rules require student-athletes to sit out one season when transferring within the conference.
    CU athletic director Mike Bohn would not discuss the nature of the problem that kept Patterson off the field Thursday or how it originated, but he did confirm Patterson is not eligible to practice yet with the Buffs.
    "His eligibility is still not resolved," Bohn said.
    Patterson has played in more than 30 games in his career and adds speed to the Colorado receiving corps. He could become a big contributor to the team this fall is he is given the green light to play his final collegiate season in Boulder.
    Coach Dan Hawkins didn't seem to be worried. He said Patterson joining the team is a formality when asked about it after practice.
    "I don't know," Hawkins said of when Patterson would practice. "We're getting through a paperwork deal on him. So we're just waiting on other folks to get that signed off."

If he won't see the field in 2011 when we "officially" join the Pac-12, why do they care? We really need Travon to be participating in practice. First salvo from $c ...