What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Calling Embree Water Bottle is really dumb

Alternatives on what to call him? Guy Who Tried But Failed Miserably? Doesn't have the same ring.

Well Rialto took that hook, line, and sinker. I have respect for Embree but look, gotta pay your dues. Find me another job where u don't if it isn't fixed for u.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Rialto hates Embree, EB and Mac. Hates them!

Anytime someone says something not negative about Embree, count on Rialto to blast the fans until the thread turns into Embree bashing.

Embree most likely ****ed Rialto's mother, based on how much Rialto hates the man.

Come on DBT, "Juicebox" was great. D2 Dan was a good one too. Pisses me off the Arky coach got the Fort job.

Who didn't want Embree to succeed. Success would have brought other nicknames. However, 4 wins in 2years = water bottle. I still find that less harsh than d2 dan.

Had Dan taken the Fort Lewis job and failed would we then have to call him D3 Dan?
Possibly but I sure as hell would have went to some Fort games. I like to watch HS football at the college level. I'd behave, only give D2 a little bit of a hard time lol.

I like embree for being an ex Buff, that's it. The epic beat downs, his sideline escapades, lack of adjustments made in his coaching ranks, and finally his national embarrassment brought to the program (throwing the race card)... He is lucky waterbottle is what we call him. It is a shame, but remember the old saying? You sleep in the bed you make

now that he has been hired by someone (affirmative action?) maybe we can come up with a new moniker for him ex: ClevelandH2O

clevelandbrowntvshow.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just not into smarmy nick names, I guess. Embree was set up to fail. He should never have been hired. Not his fault. He handled the firing poorly. Time to move on. He's still a great Buff and I hope he stays involved with the program.

I thought coach simple jack was harmless. Damn rialto, I thought I was bitter....just sayin'

This is an internet message board where we all give ourselves nicknames. Well not Matt Thompson but that didn't end too well. I still blame that on the poster though. He isn't doing much better named bigbang2.

I'm just not into smarmy nick names, I guess. Embree was set up to fail. He should never have been hired. Not his fault. He handled the firing poorly. Time to move on. He's still a great Buff and I hope he stays involved with the program.

Did someone hold a gun to his head and tell him if he didn't accept the position at the University of Colorado he would be shot and killed?

Did someone hold a gun to his head and tell him if he didn't accept the position at the University of Colorado he would be shot and killed?

How many alumni wouldn't jump at the chance to be the head coach at their alma mater, regardless of how qualified they are?

How many alumni wouldn't jump at the chance to be the head coach at their alma mater, regardless of how qualified they are?

I can think of a couple.

The point remains, no one forced Embree to be CU's head coach. People saying it is "not his fault" that he failed -- who the **** else is at fault? Oh, that's right. Mike Bohn. Nevermind.
:bang:

Back