What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Can we beat Cal or USC?

What do you use to calculate point spreads?

A ranking system that I update weekly based on how far from the expected point difference the results are.

If a score's very close to the expected results, the point value for those teams don't change. If, for example, the result is about 6 points from the expected, I'd add a point to one team and subtract one point from the other.

The math is simple, but it involves tracking every game for the 125+ fbs schools, so it's time consuming.

It's shocking how often my spreads are right on the Vegas lines. I use this to predict line movement during the week.

ebevu9eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cal might be disorganized, poorly coached, and failing in the fight to avoid having their players quit on them altogether but they still have more athletes than CU.

It is a winnable game but so were Arizona and ucla.

At home, we've got a good chance.

Cal might be disorganized, poorly coached, and failing in the fight to avoid having their players quit on them altogether but they still have more athletes than CU.

It is a winnable game but so were Arizona and ucla.

At home, we've got a good chance.

We are gonna beat the Buffs by at least 10 points. Book it!

We are gonna beat the Buffs by at least 10 points. Book it!

Oh, I think you are operating under the misapprehension that (a) I care what you think and (b) I expect much, if anything, positive to happen with our Buffs this season.

Tedford at least left some p12 athletes. I think Goff puts it in the air 60x and torches our DBs. Buffs dline does nothing to disrupt the pass. Please be wrong.

Our best hope against USC is to catch them napping between Stanford and UCLA. It'll be chilly, and their heads won't be in the game. They've already gotten bowl eligible, so they won't be too amped up to play us.

Still, I would put our chances at somewhere between slim and none, with slim searching for the exit.

We can beat Cal, especially if their players keep beating each other up.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-hale-cal-golden-bears-injured-fight-teammate

Cal freshman running back Fabiano Hale was injured and taken to a hospital after a locker-room fight with a teammate last week, UC Berkeley police said Monday.

University police told the San Francisco Chronicle that Hale, 18, suffered unspecified injuries and was taken to the Alta Bates Medical Center on Friday after a "one-on-one" altercation with a teammate. Police wouldn't identify the second player involved, what led to the fight or if charges might be filed.

Last night's loss dropped us to 0-8 against CA teams since joining the PAC-12 in 2011. As bad as everything else has been, going winless against CA teams might be hurting us the most on the recruiting trail. Can we snap the streak this season or does it loom going into next season?

Maybe against Cal. Their defense is awful from a statistical point of view but their offense scores more than we do. Maybe we win in a case of he who scores last winneth. The others seem a lot less likely.

Total offense
#14 Washington 501.9ypg
#34 California 462.9ypg
#61 Utah 418.3ypg
#77 Southern California 391.9ypg

#88 Colorado 377.8ypg

Total Defense
#12 Southern California 323.6ypg
#62 Washington 391.6ypg
#66 Utah 393.4ypg
#122 California 529.8ypg

#108 Colorado 467.5ypg

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings?sport_code=MFB&division=11

Last edited:
Cal doesn't seem to be pulling together as a team in the midst of the losing and youth movement.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-hale-cal-golden-bears-injured-fight-teammate

Cal freshman running back Fabiano Hale was injured and taken to a hospital after a locker-room fight with a teammate last week, UC Berkeley police said Monday.

University police told the San Francisco Chronicle that Hale, 18, suffered unspecified injuries and was taken to the Alta Bates Medical Center on Friday after a "one-on-one" altercation with a teammate. Police wouldn't identify the second player involved, what led to the fight or if charges might be filed.

"We know who the suspect is," Lt. Marc DeCoulode told the Chronicle.

Cal coach Sonny Dykes declined comment. The Golden Bears (1-8, 0-6 Pac-12) have lost 11 conference games in a row.

Cal doesn't seem to be pulling together as a team in the midst of the losing and youth movement.

"We know who the suspect is," Lt. Marc DeCoulode told the Chronicle.

Cal coach Sonny Dykes declined comment. The Golden Bears (1-8, 0-6 Pac-12) have lost 11 conference games in a row.
You've completely tuned me out, haven't you :sad1:

Back