1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carlon Brown

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Shldr2Shldr, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Haven't seen much said about him, but how about the past two games for Carlon. He showed leadership and key shooting in the game against the pups, and he took over offensively for us against WSU when we didnt have our traditional weapons working. If we can expect around 20-25 a night from Carlon, that takes a ton of pressure off the rest of the offense. Must say I didnt quite know what to expect from him before this year, but growth from game to game for him has been great, and his senior leadership I think will prove invaluable as we progress this season.

2. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

He has grown emensly. It would be great if scouts started looking at him and he gets drafted in the first of second round! That would say something about Taddy.

3. shang

shang Member

I think he has grown immensly in TB's system.... that pass to himself off the backboard was a sick manuever!!! W/ that being said, Carlon has been a stud since his sophmore year at Utah and actually entered the NBA draft his junior year only to withdraw his name at the last minute due to personal reason... he easily would have gone the second round then....For a senior transfer to play w/in the system, and within himself and to produce these type of numbers and all the while before the season even started gain the respect of his teammates and coaches is something to be said of his true character...Go Carlon!!! Go Buffs!!!

4. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

It would give recruiting another boost if Carlon were to be drafted. CU with players chosen in consecutive drafts -- not sure that's ever happened.

5. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it's ever happened either...interesting question. The closest I can think of is Donnie Boyce in the second round of 95 and then in 97, Chauncey. I think you're right though - no two consecutive years with a CU player drafted...however, back in the day when there were dozens or rounds to the draft, maybe...

6. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

According to Basketball Reference, it looks like it happened in 1968 & 1969, 1971 & 1972, 1975 & 1976 and 1985 & 1986. But that was back when as Duke mentioned the draft had roughly 300 rounds. In the "modern era" for the draft, we've only had Boyce (1995), Chauncey ('97), Harrison ('05) and Burks ('11) picked.

jgisland likes this.
  7. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

Excellent research here goose

Coming into the season i had a lot of hope for carlon, after the first part of the season i was meh on him, he did some nice thngs, played good d but nothing special overall. Then the last 3 games he simply turned it on, i didn't think he had this type of game, he is the real deal when he plays with the confidence and aggressiveness we have seen him have in conf play.

8. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

I was waiting for this. I knew he had to be our lead scorer if we wanted to win games. Let's hope he keeps it up.

EDIT: Just reread this. Doesn't sound good or right. Whatever. I meant I was waiting for him to step into his role as the leading scorer, because if we relied on other people to pick up the scoring, we would be in trouble.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  9. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

I agree. He needs to be the threat that other teams have to account for -- this should create betters looks/opportunities for other players.

10. shang

shang Member

nice goose.... Carlon is the real deal, he's a much smart and stronger player today than he was 2 years ago at Utah and he's matured into a more complete team player and leader.... my money is he will make it into the draft...

11. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

My favorite Carlon play from yesterday was his sick full court pass to Dufault. He got the ball on the right side on our end and immediately whipped a perfect pass to Austin on the left side of the key on WSU's side.