What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Carroll to the Seahawks - Lots of interest

Pete on the move???

ESPN reporting Pete Carroll looking at Seahawks job. USC looking at Mike Riley.

Just saw other thread nm.

Last edited:
Pete Carroll...

Wouldn't surprise me if he took the Sea Hawks job.

With the Reggie Bush stuff coming up again, and the new Joe McKnight stuff being brought up. And USC putting self-imposed restrictions on themselves for b-ball (possibly to hide the football program mess). Perhaps the NCAA is about to drop a bomb on USC and Pete Carroll is ready to abandon a sinking ship.

Just wouldn't surprise me.

Would it be ok if we moved this thread to the football forum, rather than the Stoudt Awards nomination forum?

USC also has the NCAA sniffing around the hoops program. that's how the car thing at OU with Bomar came to light, when the NCAA was on campus investigating Cellphone Sampson's improprieties.

Wow I'm really surprised, hopefully the NCAA nails them and we can clean up in California now.

I didn't see the Seahawks much this year, but it was only Mora's first year, were they really that awful? It's not like Holmgren left him a great situation.

I wonder what Mora is going to do now, I actually thought he'd be a great HC at the college level when there was talk he might go to Washington.

Wow I'm really surprised, hopefully the NCAA nails them and we can clean up in California now.

I didn't see the Seahawks much this year, but it was only Mora's first year, were they really that awful? It's not like Holmgren left him a great situation.

I wonder what Mora is going to do now, I actually thought he'd be a great HC at the college level when there was talk he might go to Washington.

That would be the ultimate domino effect. Pete Carroll --> Seattle Seahawks = Steve Sarkisian --> USC = Jim Mora Jr. --> Washington. That scenario is well within the realm of possibility, btw.

LA times is reporting they have a contract in place, just needs to be signed.

The fact that Slick Rick stands to be one of the biggest winners in the whole deal makes me sick.

Well now that ESPN is reporting that this is a done deal, I wonder how many transfers and recruits their going to lose?

This is good for college football. Carroll had cornered the market on 5* recruits. This is particularly good for the Pac 10 and probably even good for CU.

Now, as was said, we need Stoops and Brown to leave.

Wonder how many of his former players will find their way up to the great northwest in the next few years. Good for Seattle though, I really think this will be a good match and the Seahawks are about to experience some great times. I was hoping Bowlen could have pulled this off last year.

Wonder how many of his former players will find their way up to the great northwest in the next few years. Good for Seattle though, I really think this will be a good match and the Seahawks are about to experience some great times. I was hoping Bowlen could have pulled this off last year.

Why? I'm just not convinced Carroll will do any better in the NFL next time, whether in Seattle or anywhere. I'm no expert on SC football, but I believe his formula was fairly simple: Recruit your ass off. Get guys to stay home. Be a rah rah guy. I just don't see that translating to the NFL. Perhaps he's learned some great lessons, but to me this story is about one thing: Pete Carroll showing the world that he can win in the NFL. It's huge news for the college game because it breaks that So Cal recruiting gridlock we've been dealing with. But on the NFL level, I doubt there's a single franchise that will change a thing as the result of this news.

Why? I'm just not convinced Carroll will do any better in the NFL next time, whether in Seattle or anywhere. I'm no expert on SC football, but I believe his formula was fairly simple: Recruit your ass off. Get guys to stay home. Be a rah rah guy. I just don't see that translating to the NFL. Perhaps he's learned some great lessons, but to me this story is about one thing: Pete Carroll showing the world that he can win in the NFL. It's huge news for the college game because it breaks that So Cal recruiting gridlock we've been dealing with. But on the NFL level, I doubt there's a single franchise that will change a thing as the result of this news.

He has won at the NFL level.

I'm just surprised you'd want him with the Broncos. That's a much bigger gamble than Mini Belichek, in my view.

Anyway, I hope SC steals Neuheisel from the Bruins. That would officially open that area up as recruiting terrain once again.

Just kidding on that one, but obviously it helps everyone (including CU) if S.C. has a hard time filling that vacancy.

Experience. The guy didn't do bad in the NFL before. He had a winning record with the at one place and made the playoffs. He was only fired in the year he didn't make the playoffs and as far as I remember it was one of those hands tied situations where he was just the coach and couldn't "shop for the groceries" type things. I just seems like a good situation because they will be patient with him. It will take a few years but I just have that gut feeling that this will work well up there.

Good answer - I'll take your word for it, watch & see. However it'll be hard for me to root for a guy that had everything at SC yet still had the NCAA hounds at his heels. Admittedly he did turn that program around and made it a real power. But living on the wrong side of the tracks here at CU (in terms of a recruiting base), it's hard to understand how you WOULDN'T have a winner at SC. If this coach doesn't win, the next one will.

The fact that Slick Rick stands to be one of the biggest winners in the whole deal makes me sick.

I am not worried about Slick creating a top team regardless of the talent he has. Anyway, it would require him to do some building up of a team which is quite contrary to where his real skills lie.

Back