1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CFN Colorado Preview

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffedup, Jun 22, 2009.

1. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

2. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

My only issue with that column is his referring to beating *ebraska as an upset. It won't be an upset. CU is the better team.

3. BuffsRising

BuffsRising Well-Known Member

And we will be playing them at home. We played them with basically our JV last year in Lincoln and they needed that fluke FG to beat us. And they lost a lot more than we did. I still cannot believe how cocky their fans are getting, considering that their qb has taken 8 snaps and they are even thinner at WR then we are.

4. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

my concern is the refrence to our special teams not getting better, simply getting to middle of the road in our kicking would be a massive leap.

5. sackman

What he failed to mention is that our special teams couldn't get much worse. Goodman is going to have a very, VERY short leash next year. Grossnickle is going to be told that he has to be ready to kick in any situation. The loss of J-Fly as a returner creates a question mark, but I'm confident we have capable players there.

We'll be better, not great, but better. I think we'll be good enough so that we won't have to worry about our special teams losing games for us. They'll be just good enough to not give the game away. JMHO.

6. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

What I'm really hoping to see for our special teams is pretty simple. Less FG misses and better kickoffs. Both were horrendous last year. I do not care how it gets worked out, but if we can just get those two areas cleaned up, the loss of Smith as a returner is not as big a loss.

7. sackman

The fewer misses thing will be corrected. Goodman won't be given the opportunity to have the same kind of season he had last year. By the time the conference season begins, either he'll have it together, or we'll have Grossnickle kicking for us.

8. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I can't wait for this years nebraska game!