What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CFP Thread: Oregon vs Ohio State

That 2001 game against Nebraska must have been terrible for you.

So because people don't become Peyton or Elway it makes their college career worthless? News to me. I don't give a crap about the NFL one bit. I like college football the way it is with just about every conference having their own identity.

My point was about the style of play in the conference.

There's probably a word better than "clownish" to articulate that point.

You are welcome to enjoy football on your terms, but early posts indicated that you were very dismissive of others who enjoyed it on their's.

I don't know if I mentioned this already, but I was--until very recently--a traditional, line-em-up and smash-em kinda football fan too. But watching some of the other conference bowls (UT and Arky springs to mind) with their disastrous QB and receiver play was horrible. My taste has clearly changed.

Outside the PAC there's some good teams that can stretch the field, but disappointingly few from this viewers perspective.

There's probably a word better than "clownish" to articulate that point.

You are welcome to enjoy football on your terms, but early posts indicated that you were very dismissive of others who enjoyed it on their's.

I don't know if I mentioned this already, but I was--until very recently--a traditional, line-em-up and smash-em kinda football fan too. But watching some of the other conference bowls (UT and Arky springs to mind) with their disastrous QB and receiver play was horrible. My taste has clearly changed.

Outside the PAC there's some good teams that can stretch the field, but disappointingly few from this viewers perspective.

I don't recall being dismissive, and I'm sorry if it seemed like that. Clowinsh does sound judgmental. Of course everyone is entitled to like what they like. An analogy would be those hoops fans who like a deliberate half-court, defense-minded style of basketball over a fast breaking, running emphasis.

I don't recall being dismissive, and I'm sorry if it seemed like that. Clowinsh does sound judgmental. Of course everyone is entitled to like what they like. An analogy would be those hoops fans who like a deliberate half-court, defense-minded style of basketball over a fast breaking, running emphasis.

Or a baseball fan who likes pitcher's duels.

My second favorite team in Pac 12 will always be Stanford. I have no unique preference, just not in love with Pac 12 over any other conference, and have a consistent urge to reach for the channel changer whenever a college game goes past 3.75 hours and 75 total points, more or less, regardless of the conference. I'm not looking for converts, just stating an opinion. Just a preference, as in: I don't like strippers with purple wigs and astrology tattoos. Like my Damn Sisters !!
You should probably just stop watching football in general. It's evolved to this.

Back