What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chances of beating USC may be going up?

Totally random unfounded prediction: I see two scenarios in this game, we either get blown out by three TDs or we win. nothing in between

I would love for us to win this game. I want us to win this game. Hell, if things go the right way, I even think we can win this game.

But I don't expect to win this game, and I don't think it's fair to our kids to expect them to win this game. $C is flat better than us. If both teams play to their potential, $C will win, and it won't be close. That's not really a knock on our kids. $C has recruited so much better than us over the past decade that it's almost comical. They have because they can. At our very best, we have to win unlikely recruiting battles, pick up guys that other big-time schools might have missed out on, and have better position coaches to compete at an elite level. And we're far from our best.

Our kids need to come out and compete, play the best game that they can, and hopefully they can catch a few breaks, keep it close, and see if they can pull it out at the end. If they do that, they can pull the huge upset. But as long as they compete and play their best, they can hold their heads up high. I don't think we can ask more than that.

We don't need to be the better program this year. We just need to be the better team for 4 hours on Saturday night.

Limited scholarships and after winning a big game vs Stanford, USC due for a letdown. HCMM should coach this game like he has nothing to lose.

I think there is a rule in the NCAA handbook that says: if the home team refuses to use heaters on the sideline then the away team is not allowed to use any either.

Or something like that.

Limited scholarships and after winning a big game vs Stanford, USC due for a letdown. HCMM should coach this game like he has nothing to lose.
Just don't start the game with an onside kick please. Maybe we should try a squib. Those work well hahaha

1-3 inches of snow on Thursday.

40 degrees on Friday and sunny.

Sunny with high of 39 and low of 26 on Saturday.

USC may have a bit of a hangover from last week. I think we come to play. Maybe we even put a scare in them for a while. I just think their talent blows it open eventually.

USC 40 CU 17

Last edited:
I know Cal sucks and we should not read too much into it but the team did accomplish some good things that built confidence and showed them that they can win. That is important, important enough to overcome the talent gap with SC, I am not sure. Either way, I see this team coming out and playing their best game of the year. Who knows, if ASU wins earlier in the day, SC may have a double whammy of a let down and really not having anthing to play for. Combine that with a Colorado team that is extremely motivated, and anything is possible. Am I expecting a win, not really. Do I have hopes for one of those special Folsom Field moments that we will remember for a long time, yes I do.

Just don't start the game with an onside kick please. Maybe we should try a squib. Those work well hahaha

Did you see how pissed Coach Mac was at Neinas after the "onside kick" against Cal? Never seen him so pissed at a coach.....

Did you see how pissed Coach Mac was at Neinas after the "onside kick" against Cal? Never seen him so pissed at a coach.....

He was pissed at Neinas? I thought he was pissed at Oliver for such a crappy excuse for a squib. I guess it makes more sense to be pissed at Neinas, because I didn't understand why Oliver was squibbing the kick anyway.

One of the things not in our favor is the job Orgeron is doing. My friend, a hard core SC fan, says Orgeron has been doing a heck of a job. He's got the team playing loose and having fun and it is showing on the field. I'm hoping that SC will start playing tighter and begin pressing now that they have a chance at the CCG but I think it's mostly wishful thinking to think that SC will change their profile that much when facing a lowly team like our buffs.

He was pissed at Neinas? I thought he was pissed at Oliver for such a crappy excuse for a squib. I guess it makes more sense to be pissed at Neinas, because I didn't understand why Oliver was squibbing the kick anyway.
The wind ?

Because there were 60 MPH gusts and the wind kept changing directions

One of the things not in our favor is the job Orgeron is doing. My friend, a hard core SC fan, says Orgeron has been doing a heck of a job. He's got the team playing loose and having fun and it is showing on the field. I'm hoping that SC will start playing tighter and begin pressing now that they have a chance at the CCG but I think it's mostly wishful thinking to think that SC will change their profile that much when facing a lowly team like our buffs.

Is your friend Irv Brown? Not sure how some random fan's opinion is in any way legitimate proof that we should be more worried (we are gonna get spanked anyway).

Is your friend Irv Brown? Not sure how some random fan's opinion is in any way legitimate proof that we should be more worried (we are gonna get spanked anyway).

Not Irv, but a guy Irv coached back in the 50's. He was a heck of an athlete. He's selling tires at Big O in Highlands Ranch now, you should check him out.

team is gonna black out and then come to with a huge win

what-happened-i-blacked-out-o.gif

Because there were 60 MPH gusts and the wind kept changing directions

I watched the recording, and saw Mac screaming at Neinas.....looked like Neinas crapped his pants as a result

We've heard HCMM talk about the importance of getting into halftime with the score close. Sometimes that has felt like moral victory talk. And it is in a way. You've got to become competitive before you can start winning.

But this week, I really think there's a lot to that. Don't let USC jump out. When it's unpleasant weather (especially cold), it feels a lot worse when you're not rolling. And that weather's going to only get more unpleasant as the night goes on. Keep it close and bring the Pow. Hopefully hang around and get some fortunate bounces in the 4th quarter.

Fortunately the sun has not broken out so the snow we did get is hanging around. That will get the mental aspect of the cold working in our favor. Will it ultimately make a difference in the outcome, maybe not - but I want those Sophomores and Freshmen to remember brutal conditions and a team the kept fighting when they come back two years from now. Wish we could have saved up a bit of that wind from last week too.

Fortunately the sun has not broken out so the snow we did get is hanging around. That will get the mental aspect of the cold working in our favor. Will it ultimately make a difference in the outcome, maybe not - but I want those Sophomores and Freshmen to remember brutal conditions and a team the kept fighting when they come back two years from now. Wish we could have saved up a bit of that wind from last week too.
how weird is it that Sefo was totally unaffected by that wind? Hope he does as well with biting cold.

how weird is it that Sefo was totally unaffected by that wind? Hope he does as well with biting cold.

I kept wondering how bad he would have been if it wasn't windy.

Just pulled into town. I'll be at tomorrow's game--I'm hoping it's cold like the '91 nebraska game. Maybe we can convince Biekert to run back a blocked kick for us.

He was affected. I was standing in the perfect spot where a pass to Spruce completely changed trajectory and went incomplete.

Back