What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Charles Clark to Oregon

It should be good for everyone. Clark gets a chance for more money and more experience. He had been under MMac's is whole career. Cu can replace him with a recruiter with better ties to our hotbeds.
Two former Buffs that might have a similar impact as Chev are Bradford from USC or Walters from Missouri. Could be a better fit.

It should be good for everyone. Clark gets a chance for more money and more experience. He had been under MMac's is whole career. Cu can replace him with a recruiter with better ties to our hotbeds.
Two former Buffs that might have a similar impact as Chev are Bradford from USC or Walters from Missouri. Could be a better fit.

Agree but more concerned with losing any db recruits.

F Oregon, we need repay this poaching ten times over. Steal their recruits, embarrass on national tv, etc.

Please stop wit former Buff talk. It's great when a former Buff IS the best coach for the job, but let's get the best assistants we can regardless of where they went to school.

Clark is very replaceable, he was on a nice upward trajectory but let's be honest, is it better to give him a raise knowing his limitations or hiring a new CB coach or secondary coach that fits our needs (recruiting area, higher ceiling as a coach, etc.) better than Clark. Also If the new DC has say on the defensive staff (not sure if MM really gives that with himself being a derensive coach) or at least a possible better mesh.

Also continuity is good, but it can also lead to some complacency and with the exception of Leavitt and Mac as an assistant, how many of the guys on this staff or who were a part of it have been a part of big time football winners or high pressure jobs that can keep building this. I welcome some hungry fresh coaches to the staff and hopefully they will have been a part of big time programs who are built to win mixed with some young hungry guys to keep it pushing.

Walters would be an excellent target.

He's doing well. Got promoted to Co-DC at Mizzou in his 2nd year. Sounds like he's done well as a recruiter, too. But I don't think he's ready for the promotion to DC and I'm not sure that CU could even offer a lateral move to his current title.

He's doing well. Got promoted to Co-DC at Mizzou in his 2nd year. Sounds like he's done well as a recruiter, too. But I don't think he's ready for the promotion to DC and I'm not sure that CU could even offer a lateral move to his current title.
He's making $100k more than Chev or Adams so I agree that he's probably not coming here for a lateral move.

Good news is cu has upped coaches contracts every time there seems to be a change. Rick George understands this business along with Mike Mac and he'll give us an opp to add some good coaches.

So imagine Jim and Clark will be trying to poach a bunch of cu recruits. Seems to be Oregon's MO

Yep. Played for him at Ole Miss. Non-assistant staffer under him at Duke. Got his start under him at SJSU. Brought by him to CU as a full-time P5 assistant. That's a long history and there comes a time to go off on your own, I think. I don't have any hard feelings and based on him coaching through our bowl while keeping it quiet, I'd assume that this was handled professionally & honorably.
It's not that I have hard feelings, it's where they are going.

Bummer. CU just has to go out and find someone as good or better. I think we are an appealing destination now. I also think Rick George will provide the incentive needed to attract a top guy.

What pisses me off is Leavitt poaching guys from our staff. It feels a bit dishonorable to me. Now, if those two, in turn, poach CU commits, then I will be really pissed.

I wonder if Clark's leaving was known to the team ahead of the game? If so, it had to have been a distraction at the very least.

Last edited:
Problems you are going to have with success. Did not expect it in the conference but if Whoregon is going to go SEC with salaries, whelp CU and many other Pac 12 schools would not be able to compete. Let's see who MM gets in here. Could be an opportunity and willing to wait an see on this one. Hope the DC is done pretty soon though so we can shore this thing up.

Please stop wit former Buff talk. It's great when a former Buff IS the best coach for the job, but let's get the best assistants we can regardless of where they went to school.

Clark is very replaceable, he was on a nice upward trajectory but let's be honest, is it better to give him a raise knowing his limitations or hiring a new CB coach or secondary coach that fits our needs (recruiting area, higher ceiling as a coach, etc.) better than Clark. Also If the new DC has say on the defensive staff (not sure if MM really gives that with himself being a derensive coach) or at least a possible better mesh.

Also continuity is good, but it can also lead to some complacency and with the exception of Leavitt and Mac as an assistant, how many of the guys on this staff or who were a part of it have been a part of big time football winners or high pressure jobs that can keep building this. I welcome some hungry fresh coaches to the staff and hopefully they will have been a part of big time programs who are built to win mixed with some young hungry guys to keep it pushing.
Embree for TE coach!

Back