1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charleston Classic preview

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Nov 14, 2012.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

The Buffs once again find themselves in a strong early season tournament. *Last year in Puerto Rico, CU was included in a field that went on to produce six Tournament teams. *The challenge in store for the squad in Charleston this season may be even greater, as Coach Boyle discussed earlier this week by relaying one NBA scout's favorable opinion:
    "[...] the Charleston Classic field - it also includes Boston College, Baylor, Dayton, Murray State, Auburn, St. John's and Charleston - features more individual talent than any other early season tournament." (-link)​
    It will certainly be a big early test for the young team, and how they handle it will go a long way towards telling us how they'll perform during the difficult post-Thanksgiving portion of the non-conference schedule.
    [​IMG]

In a*general*sense, I think the Buffs will do well in Charleston. *The program hasn't won more than one game in an early season tournament since the America's Youth Classic of 2007, and I think they could finally break the streak this season. *2-1 is the goal, and I'm going to tell you how they get there.

Click below for the preview...

Read more »[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Buffs once again find themselves in a strong early season tournament. *Last year in Puerto Rico, CU was included in a field that went on to produce six Tournament teams. *The challenge in store for the squad in Charleston this season may be even greater, as Coach Boyle discussed earlier this week by relaying one NBA scout's favorable opinion:
    "[...] the Charleston Classic field - it also includes Boston College, Baylor, Dayton, Murray State, Auburn, St. John's and Charleston - features more individual talent than any other early season tournament." (-link)​
    It will certainly be a big early test for the young team, and how they handle it will go a long way towards telling us how they'll perform during the difficult post-Thanksgiving portion of the non-conference schedule.
    [​IMG]

In a*general*sense, I think the Buffs will do well in Charleston. *The program hasn't won more than one game in an early season tournament since the America's Youth Classic of 2007, and I think they could finally break the streak this season. *2-1 is the goal, and I'm going to tell you how they get there.

Click below for the preview...

Read more »[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
    Click here to view the article.